Hobbes (Ritchard Hatch) 09/23/99- 12/21/09

greytluck

I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye. I was hoping you would have more time with each

other.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so sorry to see this thread. Wink and I send our condolences. Rest in peace sweet Hobbes.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest goofydog

Oh my, I have dreaded seeing Hobbes' name appearing in this forum. So very sorry for your loss today. Hobbes was well loved and he will always be with you. :grouphug:grouphug

Guest sorenkkg

cry1.gif I'm so sorry to hear about this, and I'm glad that you had Hobbes in your lives and that he found you for his forever home.

My sympathies to you and DH and Wally. grouphug.gifflowers_yellow.gif

:gh_lay:f_red:f_white:f_red:gh_lay

I have been thinking about what I wanted to say ever since I read that Hobbes was going to the bridge this morning. We both knew it was just a matter of time, maybe days even though we both hoped it would be longer. He tried to hold on as long as he could, but this horrible disease takes life away from them. 

The good thing about times like this, it brings all of us closer. We make friends with people we've never talked to before, we share parts of our lives we've only shared with others. I wish we could've met under better circumstances, but now we have a good friendship going, supporting each other, reaching out. 

I can't say when life will be better, but Hobbes hasn't completely left you. He's still there in your heart, in your memory. He's left the door open for another to come into your life, one that you can help just like you did him. 

Because of them, we grow into some really nice people don't we. :beatheart

I'm so sorry it was time for your snuggle bunny to leave. :cry1 He'll live on in your heart and memory forever. :heart

Godspeed, swet Hobbes... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

so sorry to read about hobbes today. i loved the pictures you posted of him. we are thinking of you at this sad time.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I'm so sorry. :candle

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest dobiegrey

Words can truly not express how badly I feel for you, your hubby and of course your boy Wally, I am sure he is missing Hobbes so very much. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lou

I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember how it seemed like Hobbes was at GRA for such a long time and how thrilling it was when I saw that he had been adopted. flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Energy11

You were meant to find Hobbes, and he, you. Same with us finding My Curfew. No one else would have taken him, and I love him soooooooo! I am very glad Hobbes had the time he did with you His suffering is over, and he is free with all the others ... waiting for you! Love, hugs and deepest sympathy! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari.

:( I am so sorry. Hobbes was truly a special boy. His gift came through in his photos. That gift will help heal your heart. Godspeed Hobbes. You were loved like no other.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead