Kelsey ("watch The Kick")

Guest KelseysLackey

Guest KelseysLackey

For those of you that don't already know from Facebook or otherwise, sweet little Kelsey went to the Bridge Friday, almost a month after her 15th birthday. I imagine she is now romping and lounging with all her buddies that have gone before her.

Before we let her go, Chris (kelseysmom) made sure to spoil her with some of the foods she never could eat because of her stomach - cheese, beef jerky, roasted chicken, and, of course all those dog treats she loved but couldn't have. Since we let her go, I have been crying tears of both sorrow and joy - sorrow for the loss of such a special girl, and joy that I got to have her in my life in the first place. So to celebrate how special she was, I put together a slide show of some of the many photos I took of her over the past several years. The song is "The Way I Feel" by Matt Wertz, and the first time I heard it, it immediately made me think of Kelsey and the way she made me feel . . . .

th_Kelsey.jpg

Hug your hounds, your pets and your skin kids and make the most of every moment you have with them.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was beautiful...ty for sharing her with us today.

Run free sweet girl....

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

I am so very sorry she had to leave.

May St Francis take her under his wing and cradle her with lots of love. She sure leaves behind a legacy of love.

God speed beautiful, watch over mom and dad. You are truly missed and will always be remembered

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Beautiful gorgeous Kelsey was one of my favourite GT pups, and I will miss your wonderful photographs.

Godspeed Kelsey.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh George, I am so sorry and sad to read this. Sweet Kelsey had a wonderful life with you and all the memories that you have saved on film can be with you forever.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

An amazing girl, with amazing people by her side.

I've always watched for your posts because she was so beautiful and so perfect.

Godspeed, sweetest.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I always felt a special connection to Kelsey; maybe it was because she and Loca had the same daddy. I was heartbroken after having spoken to you and Chris last Tuesday and I've continued to constantly think about all of you.

Kelsey was such a sweet, gentle, special girly girl. She will be missed by so many.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest gretzky

I still can't believe it. Beautiful slideshow. I especially love the Safari series. I'm sure she and the boys are having a grand old time. So long Miss Kelsey.

Chris and George--I am so sorry.

:f_pink

Donna, Ken, Daisy & Lucky

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I still can't believe it. Beautiful slideshow. I especially love the Safari series. I'm sure she and the boys are having a grand old time. So long Miss Kelsey.

Ditto. I will always remember her running with Safari. What a special girl.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project