Glusocamine/chondroitin

Wendy has a knee issue. Looks like an old injury which has calcified and every so often she scares the peedoodles out of me and comes up lame after racing around the yard and jumping around like a jack rabbit. Short of tying her down, we try to keep her quiet, ice the knee every couple of hours and if it's necessary, give her Tramadol.

She's going to be 4 years old in December so I think maybe it's time for adding gluscosamine/chondroitin to her daily regimen. What brands of joint supplements do ya'll recommend? Preferably natural/organic/holistic.

Thanks!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

email Claudia of the Greyhound Gang, she is an expert on this stuff: claudia@greyhoundgang.org

She also has sells it and has a lot of info listed on her website. It's called "Get up and go"

www.greyhoundgang.org

My vet just recommended that I start Sheila (my non-grey) on Dasuquin (by the makers of Cosequin) for the arthritis in her back. She's a homeopathic vet and said that she has been getting great results with it. The bonus is that it is cheaper than Cosequin. I just started her on it a week ago, so I won't know how she's doing on it for 3 - 5 more weeks.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I got a notice that SynoviG3 chews are going off the market. Did you hear that? It's the only supplement two of my dogs will eat and it has helped my 8 YO broken hock girl! :(

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Energy11

I just started using the Caniflex, natural product on this website. I have a dog on thyroid medication, and some Glucosamine is made from shell fish, so the iodine is contraindicated for dogs with thyroid problems.

Curfew loves the Caniflex, and I think it is good alternative to the other products, and pretty reasonable, too.

Elkusa.com (click on the cartoon dog on the right side of the page). Good Luck!

I got a notice that SynoviG3 chews are going off the market. Did you hear that? It's the only supplement two of my dogs will eat and it has helped my 8 YO broken hock girl! :(

I haven't heard anything... just ordered 2 of the 240 count tubs today from NaturalPets.com

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

There are good joint supplements out there. There are also some not so good.

1. Read the labels. Know what is in the product. Know the company.

2. Know the dose. Greyhounds need 1500 mg a day of each product - Glucosamine HCL, MSM, Chondroitin. Vitamin C to bowel tolerance.

3. Read Testimonials -

Why Get Up & Go?

1. It works.

2. It's all natural, no fillers and powder. Just put in some wet food (cottage cheese, yogurt, canned, deli meat)

3. It's inexpensive. A 60-day supply of Glucosamine HCL is only $14.95.

4. Proceeds Help Hounds, not pharmaceutical companies. Almost Home for Hounds happened with proceeds from Get Up & Go.

Happy to answer any questions.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

Guest DylanGospel
My vet just recommended that I start Sheila (my non-grey) on Dasuquin (by the makers of Cosequin) for the arthritis in her back. She's a homeopathic vet and said that she has been getting great results with it. The bonus is that it is cheaper than Cosequin. I just started her on it a week ago, so I won't know how she's doing on it for 3 - 5 more weeks.

We have had our Grey on Dasuquin, too, and have been very pleased with it.

He started limping after doing a round of zoomies in the yard early last spring and was put on a six week program adequan injections. These REALLY helped, but with the cooler weather now, I have to be careful of him running around like crazy.

I plan on keeping him on Dasuquin, and if he starts to limp again, we'll take him back for another round of adequan. Good luck- I think you're very wise to be using joint supplements. Our group recommends glucosomine/chondroitin and fish oil to all new adopters.

Guest Energy11

I haven't heard anything... just ordered 2 of the 240 count tubs today from NaturalPets.com

Wow, that is weird! Hadn't heard about it. I used to use those exclusively, when I was able to get my vet discount at the vets I worked for in Florida. I will have to ask Dr. B, because he did sell a lot of them.

Thank you all for your advice. I can always count on my GreyTalk family to help with any issues regarding my girl.

:wubsite

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

This is what I got:

This is an important announcement for all SynoviG3 users.

SynoviG3 has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Our SynoviG3 stock is limited to what we currently have on hand. We are NOT receiving any new shipments of this product. The manufacturer failed FDA inspections and was forced to cease production indefinitely. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and have prepared options for you below.

As an alternative, we recommend Joint MAX Triple Strength as an effective replacement for SynoviG3. By comparing our top selling joint supplements, we found that Joint MAX has an overall high rating with customer satisfaction. We also like Joint MAX because the manufacturer offers a 100% product guarantee, if your pet doesn't like it for any reason, you can return the product for a refund.

Joint MAX is safe and highly palatable. It is made up of high quality ingredients and higher levels of glucosamine and chondroitin; the key ingredients in optimal joint health.

Please refer to the chart below, Try Joint MAX today to optimize your pet's joint health.

Wishing the best for all your pets,

EntirelyPets

Am I getting hosed?

Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

This is what I got:

This is an important announcement for all SynoviG3 users.

SynoviG3 has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Our SynoviG3 stock is limited to what we currently have on hand. We are NOT receiving any new shipments of this product. The manufacturer failed FDA inspections and was forced to cease production indefinitely. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and have prepared options for you below.

As an alternative, we recommend Joint MAX Triple Strength as an effective replacement for SynoviG3. By comparing our top selling joint supplements, we found that Joint MAX has an overall high rating with customer satisfaction. We also like Joint MAX because the manufacturer offers a 100% product guarantee, if your pet doesn't like it for any reason, you can return the product for a refund.

Joint MAX is safe and highly palatable. It is made up of high quality ingredients and higher levels of glucosamine and chondroitin; the key ingredients in optimal joint health.

Please refer to the chart below, Try Joint MAX today to optimize your pet's joint health.

Wishing the best for all your pets,

EntirelyPets

Am I getting hosed?

I didn't see any such announcement on the places I usually order Synovi G3 Soft Chews from (where I order from varies depending on price):

http://www.naturalpets.com/newsysoch2ch.html

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pg...9f-0a183b2fafa2

http://www.discountpetdrugs.com/newsysoch2ch.html

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I have heard great things about Get Up and Go - but it is a powder. I feed raw. Any tips for that scenario? I don't really want to have to start mixing it in something else when everything is working just fine right now.

I have had super OUTSTANDING results for years with Fresh Factors- plus it is real easy to give it to them because the dogs think they are delicious treats and gobble each tab down! Their addy is www.springtimeinc.com but you'll have to cut/paste as I don't know how to make the linky work.

Edited by racindog

I have heard great things about Get Up and Go - but it is a powder. I feed raw. Any tips for that scenario? I don't really want to have to start mixing it in something else when everything is working just fine right now.

How do you feed liver or tripe? I use ground tripe & grind liver (really more of a puree). I just mix the powder in with it. I feed some ground meat everyday so it's not much of an issue for me.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I have been using a newer product on my Diesel. I started in September, when the other glucosamine supplements didn't seem to be helping-and he couldn't hop up on the couch anymore. It has made 100% difference in his mobility, and his hind end seems a lot stronger. He will actually come in the kitchen and beg when I am cooking again. :)

I do have it here at the store, and I will get it up on our website shortly.

myristin