Bumpity Bump Bump...surgery Scheduled

gracegirl

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I found a lump on Grace's side this week. It's at the end of her ribcage, near her tuck. It's on the skin, not attached to anything (bone or muscle) at all. It's about the size a dime, maybe a tad bigger, and raised up about a quarter of an inch. It's red and ANGRY looking. I don't know if it just appeared, I only found it yesterday--Monday. I rub her belly every day and I find it hard to believe that I missed seeing it earlier, although if it was smaller it could have been hidden by her fuzz. She's a furry girl! Anyhow, we went to the vet today and her surgery is scheduled for Monday. She'll also get her teeth cleaned and have a cyst removed as well. The very wonderful new vet who is also a family friend will send the lump out to be tested so we know what we are dealing with. Hopefully it's nothing....but if it's "something" than I pray for clear margins. If she's going to get a lump, apparently this is a good/easy place for her to get one! I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Joseph, but I'll still be praying and worrying until I know she is okay. She has to be okay, it has to be nothing.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest FullMetalFrank

I'll keep Grace in my prayers that the bump is nothing nasty. Chels just had hers fine needle aspirated; it's about the size of a pea and looks more like a mole; vet says it is a sebaceous cyst and we don't need to take it off. I was going to have it removed in conjunction with getting a tooth extracted but the vet also thinks the tooth is OK to stay for now, too, and neither of the two is enough to consider putting her under for.

Sounds like there should be enough loose skin in that area to get a nice margin; Chelsa's bump is on her back about two thirds of the way to the rear and her vet says if we end up needing to remove it at a later date, it's a good spot to work with. Sending B9 and easy healing thoughts to Grace, keep us posted!

Guest UESBrindle

Lauren, Rob just told me last night about the bump. I hope that it will be something easily taken care of, and nothing of major concern, but of course we'll be keeping her in her prayers :hope

Praying that it's nothing serious.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Hey Lauren, I'm thinking of Grace today-- I hope it all goes well , and let us know how she's doing once she comes home.

Me too! Guzzie and Gracie send nosey kisses for extra healing powers too. Hugs to you Lauren, we know how worried you are.

Keep us posted Lauren.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I just got a call from the vet, she's awake after surgery and is doing just fine. I'm going to pick her up in about three hours. Now we just have to wait for the biopsy results. Keeping my fingers crossed until then. Thanks for the good thoughts everyone, they obviously helped.

**The vet did say that she has fantastic teeth for a greyhound, now they are even more sparkly! :D **

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I missed this thread the first time around, Lauren, but I'm so glad the surgery went well! I'm sending lots of good thoughts and chanting for clean margins!!! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

And also a :bighug for you.

Please keep us posted.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Princess Gracie is home now and is doing okay. She is not really wanting to eat at all, but did have a few licks of peanut butter. She had a spring in her step when I took her for a walk around the block, seeing as she didn't want to "go" in the yard.

I'll know in 7-10 days what the results of the biopsy are, until then I'll just spoil her rotten. :)

I missed this thread earlier but glad the surgery went well and hoping for clean margins! :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Thanks all. Miss Alisha, again your WWW harness saves the day! I was so glad I remembered to bring it to the vet this morning. So glad I ordered the replacement.

Grace is now back to her usual self...she's asking for belly rubs and farting up a storm! :D