Both My Dogs Are Sick - Back From Vet - Post 12

Mary - I hope things improve for both Rickie and Arlie. These mysteries are always so frustrating and worrisome :unsure . Please keep us posted!

Maria

Rizzo & Kiwi

Rickie seemed very keen while breakfast was being prepared, then hardly ate at all. I got him to eat a few pieces moistened canned i/d by hand feeding, but didn't force the issue. Hopefully having a little something in his tummy will feel good, and he'll keep it down. If that happens, I may try a bit more early this afternoon, i.e., more, but very small meals.

Arlie on the other hand hoovered her food down, and the rest of Rickie's. I am going to start transitioning her back to her regular food, if only because it's a pain cleaning up the rice she sends far and wide while eating. :)

Please keep my little boy in your thoughts. If he loses breakfast we'll head down to the e-vet. Will keep you posted.

Many many prayers for the "big" guy. Ekko is waiting to hear that her friend is feeling better.

Cleaning up rice on a carpet is a royal pain!! Especially when 1/4 of it goes all over the place.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Glad Arlie is feeling better. Hopefully Rickie will keep his little bit of breakfast down and his appetite will pick up. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest paulamariez

We had a bacterial infection thing going on with my three boys a couple months ago. Our vet thought it may have come from a high bacterial load in some ground turkey I cooked and fed them. Started out not wanting to eat, each threw up once and gassy, runny diarrhea, a lot! They all ended up getting tetracycline pills before the thing finally cleared up. It went away temporarily with the Flagyl, then came back. Sending healing prayers, love and light for your sweeties. Hope they get better quickly. My three boys are sending them some get well doggie kisses too. Said to tell your guys, "they've been there!"

So far so good. Arlie finally pooped for the first time today during her pre-dinner walk and it was, for the most part firm.

Rickie had his i/d breakfast and two i/d snacks through the day, all of which stayed down. He just had about 3/4 of a can for dinner and ate with gusto. I won't start to feel reassured until I know this is going to stay down, but the trend is promising at least. He's starting to look thin, and needs the calories.

I somehow missed this. Hoping they both continue to get better. Hugs to all of you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Also be careful of the products used to clean the home. The newer products like SWIFTER are almost identical to anti freeze and will cause diarrhea and abdominal distress. If you have pets they cannot be used at all!

All 4 of our dogs became sick from these cleaning products, the one galgo worse than the others. Their livers can be harmed.

It is best to use the plant based cleaners or natural ingredient cleaners, baking soda, vinegar based.

Linky: Swiffer is not dangerous according to Snopes

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Just to reassure everyone - we don't have a Swiffer, and nothing has changed in the home environment. My bet is on the bully stick(s) or, in second place, something they picked up at large, either bacterial or parasite (like Giardia).

Thank you for the thought though - if we'd changed cleaners recently, it would be a good clue.

We are now over 24h without any vomiting - yay!

Not wanting to mess with success, we'll take the same approach to food today as worked yesterday, including giving a pepcid shortly.

Also, as Rickie slept with me most of the night, I can confirm he is getting rid of lots of the gas we saw on the x-rays. :sick Makes a mom's heart go pitty-pat. :lol

:yay :yay :yay

Even for the gas. :P

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Can't believe I'm cheering for gas. :yay Glad they are on the road to recovery.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Just coming in on this Mary. HOw are they doing this evening?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project