Ripple - Lil Will Spot Ya 3/25/99 - 8/20/09

JedsMom

It was Osteo. She was in too much pain. She's at the bridge. I'm lost without her already.

I've tried to write her a proper tribute. It's difficult and still so fresh.

I tricked my husband into adopting Ripple. We had taken Jed in for a check-up and I knew that a new group of dogs had come up from florida that week. “Why don’t you go and let the dogs out into their runs, honey. I’ll finish up here with Jed and meet you out there.” By the time I made my way out there, Jon was sitting down and Ripple had her head in his lap. We brought her home on a ‘trial basis’ and officially adopted her one week later.

Ripple was so different from Jed. He was our scaredy boy, afraid of new things and people. Ripple never met a stranger and she always preferred men. If a couple came over to visit, she’d ignore the woman and throw herself at the man. She loved children and liked kids in strollers the best. I remember one mother commenting to me once on how affectionate Ripple was. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that Ripple wasn’t giving kisses, she was looking for crumbs.

Ripple was a traveling dog. She’s been all over the East coast with us - hiked the mountains in 3 states, played in the Atlantic Ocean, walked the campus of the University of Georgia and strolled through Forsythe Park in Savannah like she was a native. As long as Ripple had her bed and a stuffy, she could do anything.

Ripple was a happy dog. She always had a smile on her face. If she was laying down and napping, she’d always give a little tail-wag salute, just to let you know that she saw you and was happy you were there. One of her favorite tricks was rolling off of her bed and right into my lap. It’s not often a 70-pound dog can be a lap dog, but Ripple could pull it off.

I miss you, my sweet brown dog. I don’t understand why you had to leave me so suddenly. I always said you were Jed’s courage. Perhaps he needed you more than I do. Jed and Ripple, Ripple and Jed... You’ve always been a pair, and I know that you’re together again.

RipplePorch.jpg

PeepinRipple.jpg

RippleBed.jpg

J_R1.jpg

J_R2.jpg

Edited by JedsMom

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so very sorry.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I am so sorry to read this.

I do hate cancer. Please accept my sincere sympathy for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry.

Godspeed Ripple - no more pain - ever.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Ripple.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. :cry1 Osteo is such a monster. :angry: It steals years off our loved ones lives. :(

Godspeed, precious Ripple... go find your brudder Jed and run like the wind with all the angels. :gh_run

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.