Sophie

Magdalyn58

It's taken me this long to be able to write this, and still my eyes are filled with tears as I type.

To Sophie, our first greyhound...

I remember the day in April that you came to us. It was Easter weekend of 2005. You had your head held down and you looked so afraid. We knew that you had been returned to your foster home twice before us, but we also knew that we would not give up on you, even though you really were a major spook. You bolted from the front door on your third day at home, but returned on your own after a very frantic search. You were so smart! How did you know where you lived after such a short time?

Soon, you found that Mittens, your Border Collie "sister" was only to happy to teach you how to be an animal companion. She showed you the ropes and soon you were loving your new life as second in charge in the house. You loved to have your ears scratched and lie on the sofa watching TV with whatever human happened to be sitting there. In fact, you loved having a human to sleep next to, snuggled in as close as you could get. Seeing you run in the back yard was something I'll never forget as long as I live. You were the most amazing athlete. Your shiny black coat brought compliments from everyone who visited you. Your favorite thing to do was to lie on the bed in the morning, propped up on your pillows, gazing out the window. We knew how happy and content you were, and that was the greatest gift we could receive. You were a master roacher.

You became ill in February, and not even two vets could figure out what was wrong. Then you got better, but I could not shake the thought that whatever made you sick would come back. Then in April, it did come back, and you stopped eating. You got sicker and sicker and after ten days and 13 pounds and many tests, we knew what we had to do--let you go to the Bridge. We never expected that we could lose you that soon. We only got to love you for four short years.

I have had many dogs in my life, but the pain of losing you felt as if it was too much to bear. I still cry over you, every time I think of you. We miss you so much. Thank you for showing us what incredible dogs greyhounds are. Because of you, Teddy and Daisy have a new home.

Someday I hope we will be reunited. Until then, godspeed Dear One.

With much love,

Lynn, George, and Mittens

Sophie.jpg

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Lynn,

I'm very sorry about your Sophie girl. She was so beautiful. Your love for her is so evident.

I lost my Mouse back in February to an unknown illness/disease and I have also not been able to write a memorial for her. There is just soooo much to say and I am not good at expressing it in words.

Take care,

Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

That was beautiful .... she was so lucky to have her final years with you! :heart

I hope the pain of her loss will soon be replaced with warm and happy memories.

Love never dies - she's still with you.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sophie was such a beautiful girl! I'm sorry she couldn't stay with you longer. Godspeed Sophie! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:( I am so sorry for your loss. I have added Sophie's name to the list of Bridge Angels in April.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your precious girl left much too soon.

Godspeed Sophie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry - rest in peace, Sophie.

:f_pink:grouphug:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

A special tribute to a lovely lady. My deepest sympathy. I know she is happy though- just think of all the saved greyhound lives she will ultimately be responsible for-starting with Teddy and Daisy. And think of all the good they will be responsible for and on and on, and to think all of that good is because of Sophie. What a wonderful legacy for such a special girl. :f_red:gh_run