Cosmo - Keepin' On Keepin' On.

Guest Energy11

Your post gave me CHILLS ... Good Chills!

She is truly a MIRACLE DOG! Love and hugs to you all!

Edited by Energy11

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it sounds like she is one heck of a fighter. Good for her!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

How's she doign today?

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

How's she doign today?

UPDATE THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3

Cosmo's been doing very well. :) We've taken her to the beach for a walk every night this week so far and she's done at least a mile each night. Tuesday night she did the entire boardwalk, up and back, which is a mile and a half. Last night she was so cute. She has always been quite a meeter and greeter, but usually she's kind of subtle about it. She'll just stop and look at people and hope they approach her. Last night we were walking past a bunch of people on some benches and you have to know that there were a couple hundred people up and down the boardwalk last night at least. But there was this guy in his 20s sitting on a bench with his family and Cosmo made a beeline for him, she just decided she had to meet that guy. She never does that, and then she buried her head in his lap. Fortunately he was very glad to see her or it could have been embarrassing. :blush Anyway, she's really been enjoying her trips to the beach. Last night after the beach we took her to McDonalds and boy did she light up when she saw an entire ice cream cone all for her. She was in heaven. She also had a cheeseburger, just the meat and cheese though. She saved the crappy bun for her siblings. :lol

Anyway, we went to the vet again Tuesday. Additional xrays have told us that basically we're in the palliative care phase now, no more chemo, just continuing with the lasix and pred. Dr. Matz wants to keep her on some antibiotic so she's on another round of Baytril. Also potassium supplements and 600 mg of artemisinin as well. It's tough sometimes not to let the sadness of her being sick overshadow the good times but we truly are so thankful that our little sweet pea is still with us and genuinely do feel that every single day is a gift. A week ago I thought we would be saying goodbye and now she's motoring up and down the boardwalk every day. Cosmo is truly our little miracle.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I so needed to read this Tracy. Smooches to my girl.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Energy11

LOVE that you are taking her to the beach everyday! Sooooo cool, and such quality time! Energy used to love the ice cream and cheeseburgers at McDonald's, too!

Hope this happy time keeps us! :-))

This is a special time with her that you'll always cherish. Boardwalk evenings. Sending more kisses and loving energy to that high spirited Miss Cosmo. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

How's she doign today?

UPDATE THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3

A week ago I thought we would be saying goodbye and now she's motoring up and down the boardwalk every day. Cosmo is truly our little miracle.

SWEET!

Guest vahoundlover

Walks on the beach and McD's, can't get much better than that! Your baby girl sure has turned around in the last week and I am thrilled to read such positive updates.

Additional xrays have told us that basically we're in the palliative care phase now...It's tough sometimes not to let the sadness of her being sick overshadow the good times but we truly are so thankful that our little sweet pea is still with us and genuinely do feel that every single day is a gift.

Tracey I'm so glad that Cosmo is enjoying this time and making the most of it.

I don't know that I can put this into words very well, but I'll try. I worked for a hospice many years ago. It is brutally hard to know that the end of the story is going to be a sad one. However, I came to recognize that there is a holiness that surrounds those who walk the path toward death with someone else, especially those who walk it with someone they love. There is joy and humor and tears and blessing and strength and grace for you along that path. There is a freedom in knowing that you've fought the good fight and that the ultimate end is now completely out of your control. Living fully in the time available is the task at hand now. While you would wish for a different ending with every fiber of your being, there is a sense of satisfaction and almost pride waiting for those who can walk that path to the end with the one they love.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Was just checking in for an update and read your Thursday update! :yay :yay

What a fighter you are Cosmo! :kiss2 :kiss2 You really are an extra-ordinary houndie :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest GreenGreys

Tracey,

Every morning I check to see how Cosmo is doing. Things really looked scarey there for a bit, but it's wonderful to hear that she's doing so much better. Ranger is very jealous about the beach walks. Please give your girsl a big hug and kiss from us.

Pat and Ranger