Mimi 8/3/94 - 8/13/09

kikibean

Today we had to let Mimi go. It sucks, there's nothing else to say.

She'd just celebrated her 15th birthday, was runner up in the Suzy Awards and

was voted Greyface Poster Child girl hound. It meant a lot to have her

acknowledged the past few weeks.

Mimi was my heart dog. I don't know what I'm going to do without her.

It sucks when they just get old and you have to decide that they're just too

old and weak to go on. She got her leg wrapped in the TV tray while we

were at work on Wed and cut her leg. Then she got her leg on one of the shelves

on the TV stand. She was up all night Wed panting. We knew the time was getting

close, and decided to let her go before we came home to her really having

hurt herself.

She couldn't stand to go to the bathroom anymore on her own, couldn't do the

stairs and was panting more. I think her body just wore out on her.

Luckily my vet was able to come to our house tonight and the local

pet cremation people came to pick her up for us. In true Mimi spirit,

we had to muzzle her because she kept trying to bite Kevin & Dr. Doug

when he was trying to give her the sedative. Not that she was upset

w/ being PTS, I think she was horrified of the indignity of having

people touching her :)

Run free Mimi. I know you're strong and happy now. Running with your

daughters Miss Alaina, Fly and all the others who've gone before you.

mimihalloween.jpg

I'll miss you every day.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. She was a girl in a million, wasn't she? Your stories of her remind me of my late great aunt, who was sometimes called a tartar.

Godspeed, special girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry. She graced the Suzy Awards this year.

God speed little girl, run with all our Angels young once again. You are truly loved and will be greatly missed. Please continue to watch over those who love you and must now go on without you.

:gh_run

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greymama002

:brokenheart So sorry for the loss of your precious Mimi. I was so hoping she would be with us for the next Suzi Awards. She will greatly missed by many.

Run free of your worn out body, beautiful girl! :angelwings:gh_run

Guest 3greysinPA

:( i'm so sorry for the loss of your precious and Beautiful Mimi... it was and is clearly evident how much you loved this hound... and my heart breaks for you right now... my Deepest sympathy to you. f_yellowf_yellow

:gh_run2:heart God Speed to the Bridge Beautiful Mimi :heart:gh_run2

I'm so sorry...rest well sweet Mimi. :grouphug

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Mimi.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

She was a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh, the lovely, eccentric little old lady! It sounds like she had so much spirit and personality, and her poor old body just got too tired. It seems fitting that she stayed with us till after we could honor her in the Suzy Awards. I think all of us were utterly charmed by her sweet white face. I can't imagine how much you'll miss her. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Mimi.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown