Greetings From Socal

o_rooly

Hi everyone!

After much blabbing to folks who've known greys, and much googling (my specialty :blush ), my fiance and I decided that we wanted to go for an adoption with GreySave here in L.A. We had our home visit on Friday, and passed with flying colors (and after months of being move-in cluttered, our house was *spotless* - we should really do home visits more often :rolleyes: ).. now we're waiting for their recommendations on particular greys in their pool. WaaaaaaaaAAAaaAaAaa I'm waaay nervous/excited. I've never had a dog of my own before, so I'm bouncing all over the place and stuffing all kinds of unapplied knowledge into my head, while my fiance (who's lived with dogs his whole life) smiles and nods.

YAY! greygreygrey.

Apologies in advance for the onslaught of unsolicited pictures once he/she arrives :colgate

& thanks to everyone already for providing an amazing research environment!! This forum is decadent brainfoood. nom.

yers truly,

Sydney

How exciting for you! :D We like LOTS of pics. ;) And, GreySave is a terrific group! :banana

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Hey! Congratulations! You know we'll need pictures when your new family member comes home! I can't wait to find out who you adopt, I wonder if it's one of the Greysave dogs I've met recently!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Congratulations!! And even if your fiance has had dogs his whole life, this will be a new experience for him as well.

Agree with the above poster, GreySave is an excellent group to be working with. Keep us posted

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytkidsmom

Congratulations! You will be fine. I was in a similar situation when we got our first (of three) greys. I had never had a dog before and DH had always had one. Now I can't remember what life was BG (before greyhounds).

Congrats! I can't wait to see pics of your new dog :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi and Welcome from Philly :wave

Any group recommended by my friend Claudia HAS to be awesome :yay

One warning, greyhounds are addicting, they are so awesome, bet ya can't have just one.

Sit back, relax, enjoy!!

Guest cgl0909

Congratulations!! My husband and I are new grey owners as well. We just got our first grey, Eleanor, this past Thursday. We were so nervous and paranoid when we first got her (and we still are) :wub:. We have a really great support system with our adoption group, and that makes the transition wonderful and a piece of cake. We have probably contacted our group about 100 times since we got her, and they are always so patient and willing to answer any and all questions we have. Don’t be afraid to ask questions as they come up. Owning a grey is supper easy! They are greyt! Best of luck with your new baby!

:confetti Congratulations!! :confetti

Welcome to GT! What part of So Cal are you in? I'm in Fullerton. :)

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

:welcome2 Welcome from Staten Island, NY. Can't wait to see pics of yoour new family member :D . You'll find a lot of good info here :wubsite

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

welcome to GT! i'm in torrance.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg