Iceman Pooping Himself

Guest wmlcml6

I've always loved Iceman's pics, especially with his big awesome ears. HUGS to you, Alisha.

We probably waited way too long with Einstein, and promised ourselves we wouldn't be so selfish again. But even though we waited selfishly, the last day worked out perfectly for Einstein and our peace of mind.

Honestly, if you are as in tune with Iceman as I think you are, you will just know. It will be a feeling in your gut and you'll not question yourself as much as usual about it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest argolola

I'm sitting here reading your post and crying, thinking of you both. I'm sorry he is going through this. I just put Iceman on my prayer list. God bless.

Guest Mommydog
It's so heartbreaking to see them fail. It might not be the right thing at all but would acupuncture be of any help for him at all do you think?

:nod I would definitely give acupuncture a go Alisha. Joey is currently being needled for stomach ulcers and it's working well, I know that it can be helpful for Big D too. In fact there's very little it isn't good for. My Mum's cat, Ginger, has cancer on her nose, which, unfortunately is inoperable due to her kidney problems, and whilst obviously it won't cure the cancer, after a couple of sessions her well being has improved a great deal. Sending lots of good thoughts for Iceman.

Thanks for the kind words and words of support.

We did acupuncture with Iceman for a while but stopped about 6 months ago because he panted non-stop on the way to the vet. Iceman pants non-stop when he gets overheated or stressed, it is a raspy scary pant from his laryngeal paralysis that always sounds like he is about to stop breathing. The vet and I determined that the stress of the vet visit overwhelmed the benefit of the acupuncture so we stopped the acupuncture visits. :(

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest Mommydog

Is there anyone who would do a home visit ? I'm fortunate that Helen comes to the house, she feels animals are more realaxed in their homes, and it isn't anymore expensive.

Such a very hard thing to see them go through. My heart breaks for you.

You and only you will know it's time.

Hugs to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GreytfulJack

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through with your dear boy. Trust in your heart...sending our prayers... :hope :hope

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I've been through similar incontinence issues with some of my pets. There always came a time when that and other problems just somehow told me it was time. Iceman is such a gorgeous boy, and I know how much you love him. You're both in my thoughts.

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

:grouphug

Give me a holler if you need anything. I'll be thinking of you and handsome Iceman.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest vahoundlover

:( I am so sorry you are facing one of the hardest if not the hardest decisions there is. :grouphug With Buster, one look in his eyes and I knew. He was so tired of fighting, so tired of all the meds, so tired of it all. He was falling quite a bit and he wouldn't accept help.

With Boss we were very fortunate, I knew that Sunday morning that Boss was leaving us and soon. I layed with him and told him it was ok, I understood how tired he was, I understood he just couldn't do it anymore. Allan and I held him in our arms that day, stroking him, kissing him and telling him how much we loved him. We didn't know if we should call the vet, just watch him or what, he wasn't in any distress.....our thoughts were running towards getting through the night and letting him go on Monday. Boss made that decision for us, as he layed in our arms he slipped away peacefully. I wish all our babies could go that peacefully.

Guest lotsahounds

prayers for you and Iceman. I can really relate, I am going through the same with Trevor right now. I decided to do everything I can to make him as happy and comfortable as possible until he tells me differently. He's still eating with gusto so that is always a good thing.

Guest WarmheartedPups

Oh...my...this is so sad....I LOVE Iceman...what a special guy...he has always been one of my favorites.....you will know...you will know. Trust that you will know....

With my last pup I wanted to err on the side of a litte to soon than a little to late....and sometimes they just make a rebound....its not out of the question!

My prayers are with you.

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Alisha, I had a dream about you and Iceman last night. I can't really remember it, but I woke up at 2am thinking of both of you. My thoughts are with you. Give that boy some snuggles from me!

Oh, Alisha, I'm so sorry that your sweet old man is failing. It breaks your heart, doesn't it? If it's any comfort, I know we have all struggled with the same fears and questions. But they are all so unique, and you are the one who knows him best. It's clear that you love him very much, so trust your heart.

You are both in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown