Bye Bye Birdie

Guest sweetpea

Guest SoulsMom

I'm so sorry Buzzy. I have a little finch who is such a happy little bird. The little ones sure do touch our hearts, don't they? :grouphug

:cry1 I'm so sorry. :f_red:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful bird! So amazing that no matter the size of our pets, they leave such large gaping holes when they go. Especially when their personality exceeds their size. Godspeed Succotash! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

What a sweet looking birdie. I laughed and cried at your tribute.

Fly free Sweet Birdie

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:f_red:(

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

What a wonderful description of quite the character! May I ask how he got his name?

I also loved your description of Sweetpea's introduction . . . . took care of that right off!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I am so sorry for the loss of sweet Succotash. He was beautiful.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest sweetpea
What a wonderful description of quite the character! May I ask how he got his name?

Well, I inherited a canary from my folks, and that bird's name was Mergatroid,

as in "Heavens to Mergatroid", (of Snagglepuss fame). After Mergatroid died, my folks asked if I would like

another bird, since I was an apartment dweller and birds were pretty much my only option.

My dad took me to his favorite pet store which had some very young hand raised Cockatiels that

were just old enough to take home. I picked out the one with the brightest orange cheek patch, and

decided his "show name" would be Sufferin' Succotash, (of Sylvester and Tweetybird fame). Succotash stuck.

(He was sooooo cute, his little crest was poofed straight up, he looked like Beeker, (from the Muppets).)

I don't know a better way to say this, but I'm glad he went quick.

I kept him as comfortable as I could, he climbed up into the palm of my hand and sat there for a good long while,

dozing off and on. All the years I've had him, he would never go to sleep if he could see or hear me,

so I knew something was tiring him out.

He didn't seem distressed, or in pain, just really really tired.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts,

hugs,

Buzzy