Update On The Flashman

Well...things are pretty much status quo. All the foods he loved he no longer has any interest in at all. He does want and will eat meat and will eat that on his own. All the veggies and other people food including ice cream are a no go. I am grinding his food to a very fine powder...adding water...but it has to be just the right amount of water to make the food more like a pudding...then spoon feeding him. I was mixing the powder kibble with EVO...but he was getting the hershey squirts real bad on the EVO...now I put just enough in to add flavor instead of the whole can. Feeding is not easy and involves me following him around the house but I AM getting his 4 cups a day down him. I really do not know if the Flasher will EVER eat on his own again...but he is getting all of his food down....very interested in cookies and his bone...and acting 100% normal with the exception of not wanting to eat anything except meat....and NO GROUND BEEF. :blink: The good news is...I took him for a weigh in this afternoon and he has gained back the 2.5 pound he lost during his hunger strike. It is very frustrating...but...I feel SO much better knowing that he is getting his whole amount of food in him that he needs each day.

Things are hectic...last Wednesday was Dee's 6 hour long chemo. They put her on Ativan along with the Compazine for nausea. It did the trick...except she is sleeping about 23 out of 24 hours the past 2 days. Last night was her last night of these meds until next round this Wednesday....and this is a short chemo...it is her bone chemo. Hoping she feels like going to lunch afterward...she needs to get out other than just to all of her medical appointments. She had lost another 5 pounds in the three weeks between her chemo. :blush One day at a time. Renee is doing fantastic.

We think of all of you every day and send our love. Thank you to everyone who has sent cards...prayers...PM's...or good thoughts our way. Fred started his chemo today. Pav and Boogie are their normal beasty selfs! :lol:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thank goodness Flashy is eating something and gaining weight is good!!!! You definitely have your plate full, or maybe I should say overflowing. Prayers for Dee and Fred.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm glad Flashy has gained back weight so that worry is gone Patti. As Judy said your plate is more than full. Hugs to everyone in your family!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Ativan is a miracle drug for chemo patients. That is the only one that helped my son. He didn't remember a whole bunch during "those" chemo appointments. I have a picky eater here, too, and chicken quarters are the only thing that I know he will eat without being hand fed. My thoughts are with you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

tons of hugs and prayers for all of you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest KyGrey

Patti, I think about you all the time. I worry so much about you, Fred, Dee, Renee and Flashy.

I'm glad he is getting all the food he would normally eat down him and has gained a bit.

I bet Renee loves living with Grammy and Grampy(or whatever she called you and Fred).

Hugs to Dee and all of you.

Try to get some rest when you can. I know you have a whole lot on your plate right now and if there is anything any of us can do please let us know.

We miss you around here.

:bighug

Patti

I have been thinking about you as well and hoping things were looking up a little bit. It's nice that Flashy has gained some weight. Slow and steady, whatever way he gains it is good. All my good wishes go to you and your family.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Winterwish

Sending hugs to you Patti! :bighug

A suggestion for Flashy's appetite is to maybe try Solid Gold's Buckaroo Beef Patties. They are freeze dried beef patties,nothing artificial at all,just pure beef. A bag of 5 does cost about $18.,but you could just break of a small piece of one,and break it up and disperse itinto the meal as an enticement. As long as I didn't give too much,they worked very well here.

Sending scritches to sweeties Flashy :wub: ,BrookLynne :wub: ,and Pave' :wub: !

:grouphug and continued :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest vahoundlover

Patti, I think about you and your family daily. :grouphug Wonderful news that Flashy is eating and he's put back on some weight. Now we just got to work him making it easier on you!

Glad to hear Renee is doing so well along with Pave and Boogie.

I just wanted to let your know that I think of you and your family often. Take care and G-d Bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Patti just wanted to let you know that I am praying for Dee every night.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest tricolorhounds

So glad to hear from you... You have so much on your plate, don't forget to take time for yourself too! :grouphug

Count me in with the others who've been keeping your family in their prayers!

:hope

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France