Growth On Inside Lip

You may want to PM cbudshome, Wayne had a growth on his lip (though it was more on the outside) removed last year. She had an extensive thread about it. It all turned out WELL!!!! As I hope it does for you, too.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

You can see the pink standing out against dark of his lip right between my thumbs just to the left of his canine.

D'OH! Image didn't come up when I opened this thread the first time!

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest Lacie
Well...now I know from my vet friend that most oral tumors are bad news. :(:weep I don't know what I'll do if I lose Poodlum.

My Mom's Standard has had a jaw tumor for a couple years now. It showed up when he was 11 and is/was operable, but due to cost (estimate was $6000+ and parents are on a tight budget), surgery risk (his heart stopped when he was neutered) and recovery with his age they've left it. It's not painful to him from what we can tell, he just eats slower and now drools so there's a bit more clean-up. He still runs and plays normally acting like himself but when that changes they'll be considering other options.

Guest MAXNAV
Well...now I know from my vet friend that most oral tumors are bad news. :(:weep I don't know what I'll do if I lose Poodlum.

Think positive thoughts. Maybe something bit him there?? We're thinking of you.

Edited by MAXNAV

Guest greytbookert

Don't fret too much just yet. Eric had a similar growth on his gumline and it turned out to be nothing.

Keeping you and Poo in my prayers!

Guest KennelMom

Hopefully it's just an epilus...those just need to be removed. Elvis developed one and had no issues once it was removed.

Sending prayers for Poodle! :hope

There have been 3 or 4 growths here, although all were smaller than Poo's. I gather that pink is much better than black.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Teddy had a growth like that on the roof of his mouth right behind his front teeth. At this dental he had it removed, it was benign which I expect that one would be too.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I would take Poo to the vet to have a biopsy done. It is better to know than not know. I would say since it is pink it has got to be OK. Right? Right! As said below don't go to the scary place! Good thoughts and paws crossed at this end. Keep us posted!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Ditto that not all oral growths are bad. Sending hugs and best luck to you and Poodlum.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

A friend of mine's grey had something that looked like it. The growth was removed by the vet I worked for in Florida. It WAS Melanoma, but, he got all of it, and the dog is fine now. This dog was 10 at the time of the surgery.

Thinking good thought for you and your baby! D and the Five

I would have it removed asap while it's still small. Not all oral lumps and bumps are malignant but, they certainly can be. It looks like they still can get clean margins. Pretty sure it's not an epulis--as it's not on the gum line. Have the teeth cleaned at the same time :rolleyes:

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

In my non vet opinion it looks pretty darn round and perfect and from what I have learned about cancerous tumors, they are anything but round or perfect shape :)

Do you feel better?