Saying Goodbye To Misty

I am so sorry.

It is the hardest decision to make. When you have weighed the options, you should congratulate yourself for your unselfish love for Misty as you make the best choice for her.

Our thoughts are with you and Misty as you make your decision. May she fly free from pain.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to see this. I have always thought she looked like such a feminine little girl in your siggie. As others have

said, barring a miracle, I pray for a peaceful passing for Misty and am sending comfort and hugs to you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Claudia,

I am so very sorry, and sharing your pain at this most difficult time. :bighug to you my friend, and please know I am here for you and walking this journey with you, although it seems so very personal. You will be giving Misty the most painful gift of love we can ever give our hounds ~ but we know this.

I did not want to see this thread here, but knew it would be forthcoming. Praying for a miracle my friend.

Claudia, I am so, so sorry. Praying for better news than you are expecting, and if that is not to be, then for Misty to leave on her journey peacefully, and for the strength you need to send her on her way. I am lighting a long-burning candle for both of you right now.

Oh Claudia! I've been so out of touch, I didn't know things had gotten so hard for Misty (and you!) I'm so sorry. If your miracle doesn't come, peace and relief from pain (hers, at least) will have to do.

I hope you have someone close by to be with you during this sad time, but you know we're all right here if you want or need anything!

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest ctgreylover

I am so very sorry. to make this choice, you prove your love for her is strong. strong enough to let her go because she is hurting, even though it hurts you.

Guest greydogluvr

This just can not be. I know this feeling too well. I am so sorry. I have been crying all day and reading this just doubles the pain. Misty is such a regal girl. I too hope for a miracle and pray that peace find both of you no matter what happens. Please give her big hugs and kisses for me. I wish I had the words to make it better....

I'm so sorry. I will be thinking of you and Misty. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Ohh, I am so sorry for you and Misty.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Oh, Claudia ... I'm so sad for you. Even when you know it's the right and best and most loving thing to do, it hurts so very, very bad.

You and beautiful Misty will be in my thoughts and prayers :grouphug

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Oh, NO!! Claudia, I am so sorry!! My heart breaks for you. :cry1

You and sweet, beautiful Misty will be in my thoughts and prayers.