Saying Goodbye To Misty

Please, keep my little girl in your thoughts tomorrow, unless some miracle happens, I will be letting her go.

As many of you know, Misty has been battling Cushings disease. In the process of treating the disease, we pushed her into an Addisonian crisis and have been dealing with trying to pull her out for the past 2 weeks.

She just wasn't bouncing back and also stopped eating. With the help of some people here who I will be eternally grateful to, I was given suggestions on foods to try. Finally did get her to eat the last few days but not enough to sustain her weight.

The internist suspects liver damage and it's obvious that her liver is inflammed.

This morning I brought her in and they drew blood and urine to confirm liver damage, and judging by the way she's feeling I am expecting the worst and I just can't let it go on for another day. It's not fair to her, she's been through quite enough.

So please, if you would, keep us in your thoughts.

Thank you,

Claudia and Misty

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Claudia. :(

You are both in my thoughts.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am so very sorry to hear this. You and Misty will be in our thoughts and prayers. The greatest gift is the hardest to give.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Claudia,

praying to St. Francis for a miracle, or barring that, a peaceful passing for your sweet Misty.

Hugs,

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest SoulsMom

What?! Nooooo . . . I can't believe I'm reading this, she's been such a fighter :weep

When do you have to say goodbye? We'll be holding you close :grouphug

Guest greyt2love

Oh, Claudia! How heartbreaking! Beautiful, beautiful Misty. I was hoping so hard that she could turn this around and be better. My thoughts and prayers will be with both of you.

Deb

Edited by greyt2love

I am so very sorry to hear this is happening. She is just so beautiful...

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest IrskasMom

Claudia , I am so sorry to make that Decission but you know best for when it is that Time. My Thoughts and Prayers

are with you,Misty and your Family.

Guest Vinnie

Oh Claudia, I am so sorry. I thought she was doing better and am so sad that she is not. I always love Misty stories and pix - she is such a beautiful houndie. I pray for a miracle for you and your sweet girl but will ask Angel Vinnie to help her on her way along with so many of our other Angels if you decide it is time for her to go to the Bridge. Sending lots of prayers, hugs and scritches.

Guest oldNELLIE

Oh no :(

My heart is breaking for you! You were so thoughtful when Nellie was sick, it was very comforting. I wish there was more I could say. We are sending you our good thoughts and prayers.

Oh no, Claudia, my heart is breakibng for you and for the rest of us that will miss the lovely Misty. You are both in my thoughts :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh c.r.a.p.

After all you and Misty have gone through, it's just not fair for her not to be better. As if you don't know that.

Praying for a miracle and knowing you'll do what's best and holding you both close in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Ohhhh No!!!! Claudia I am so very sorry!!!!!!! :grouphug:grouphug My thoughts and prayers are with you..... :hope:hope:hope:candle Please if there is anything I can do please let me know.... I am so very sorry.......

We are still praying for a miracle!!!!!!! :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter