Willie

Guest greydogluvr

Guest greydogluvr

Friday night I woke to Willie whining. I took him to the vet Saturday AM to find that he had a temp. My vet prescribed antibiotics and gave him an anti inflammatory injection. He felt better for about 2 hours, able to walk on his own, eating and alert. Today he is back to where we started, unable to get up on his own and not eating. He is laying by me right now, his eyes closed. I hate this!!!

I called RobinM in a panic and after talking with her about his condition, I am devastated to say that Willie is telling me it is his time to leave this 3 dimensional world. I know his spirit is strong and he will always be here. I ran into a very kind man at the vet office that talked to me about the strength of the spirit and that we often get wrapped up in the physical world. This, Robin's phone call along with the support of others in similar situations on GT have been comforting (as much as can be during this). Robin I have not been able to call you back, I have been way too emotional, but please know your call helped me immensely. I hope you got my PM.

We have an appointment Monday and if things do not make a dramatic turn about it will be the first time in almost 7 years that he will not be waiting patiently for me to come home from work. My heart is breaking

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TexasGreytMom

My heart goes out to you and Willie. Hugs and prayers are sent your way! Being at that point is never easy, but please know that we do know how difficult it is. Take care!

Edited by TexasGreytMom

Oh, Lora, I'm so sorry! If love alone could cure osteo, Willie would be racing around like a puppy. You know your boy best of all, but some prayers and white light won't hurt, so please know that you are both in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Poor lil' pumpkin. :( He's been such a trooper with the amputation and all. :kiss2 Was so hoping he'd have much more time with you. Sending prayers for courage and strength to do what is necessary. :hope Keeping your sweet boy surrounded by loving light. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so, so sorry :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Sending you hugs for strength. We're here for you. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

:(

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

You and Willie are in my thoughts. Wishing you peace and comfort tomorrow.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh Lora, my heart truly breaks. I know how very much you love that boy and would give up your all to make him well.

All I know is there must be a very important job waiting for just him. Sounds like a very wise man you ran into at the vet.

Please know that we hold you both close and will keep the candle buring.

Willie, you are one very very brave soul and you fought this fight with dignity and with grace.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

You and Willie will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I'm so sorry.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest greytful4

Friday night I woke to Willie whining. I took him to the vet Saturday AM to find that he had a temp. My vet prescribed antibiotics and gave him an anti inflammatory injection. He felt better for about 2 hours, able to walk on his own, eating and alert. Today he is back to where we started, unable to get up on his own and not eating. He is laying by me right now, his eyes closed. I hate this!!!

I called RobinM in a panic and after talking with her about his condition, I am devastated to say that Willie is telling me it is his time to leave this 3 dimensional world. I know his spirit is strong and he will always be here. I ran into a very kind man at the vet office that talked to me about the strength of the spirit and that we often get wrapped up in the physical world. This, Robin's phone call along with the support of others in similar situations on GT have been comforting (as much as can be during this). Robin I have not been able to call you back, I have been way too emotional, but please know your call helped me immensely. I hope you got my PM.

We have an appointment Monday and if things do not make a dramatic turn about it will be the first time in almost 7 years that he will not be waiting patiently for me to come home from work. My heart is breaking

Please just take it one day at a time with him...take it from someone who is going thru a similar situation. Hugs to you!

Guest Energy11

We know what this feels like, and we are here for you, too!

I know, pretty soon, I will be doing this for My Curfew, as well (brain tumor). So far, it has been Bold Energy, Dasher, and Max ... They are all here with us in spirit, and of course, waiting at The Rainbow Bridge for us!

Love, hugs and prayers, Dee, John, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari ...