My Girlfriend's Pup Got Attacked

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Guest Che_mar_Cody

It breaks my heart to post yet another attack. This is my girlfriend's pup Zoe. She was attacked by a pit-mix and unsure of the reason for it, but told me that it was so intense that her other grey Hayat got in on the attack too.

The pit-mix is her son's dog, but Cayenne has always lived with the other greys since it was a pup.

I'm asking for prayers for this sweet senior girl and Chris has told me that it looks like the the wound is getting infected.

I haven't heard any news since the trip back to the vet after she noticed the wound getting redder.

zoe2.jpg

zoe1-1.jpg

zoe3.jpg

My heart just aches for her. :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh! :ohno :ohno :ohno That's just HORRIBLE! Poor girl :cry1 :cry1

I hope the vet can control the infection. Sending LOTS of good thoughts :grouphug:goodluck:grouphug:goodluck :goodluck :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Poor baby, that looks aweful. I hope she feels better soon.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Is there a drain in place? That should help control infection. Otherwise, all I can offer is prayers and good wishes! Zoe has them!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest Che_mar_Cody
Is there a drain in place? That should help control infection. Otherwise, all I can offer is prayers and good wishes! Zoe has them!

No she doesn't. Chris lives in France so I'm not sure how the vets do things over there. When Cody was bit he had a small drain tube and he was shaved a lot more the Zoe. When she sent me the pictures I didn't want to mention anything because she was extremely upset and I just was trying to calm her down. She hasn't answered any emails so I am worried.

Oh no! I am so sorry to read about this attack. When Grace was attacked last year her wounds did get infected, but a change in antibiotics along with some extra flushing of the wounds by me (and of course some TLC/cookies) stopped the infection in it's tracks.

Hoping the same for this sweet girl! Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Oh...poor baby. Prayers that this sweet girl heals both mentally and physically.

One of my worst fears..... :(

Ditto every word of this!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless