Riley

Guest EmilyAnne

Emily I hope things go well for Riley. If it is any help, my son's Shar-pei was diagnosed over 2yrs ago. His left rear leg is full of the tumor but amputation was never an option because of his skin folds and where it was. It does not seem to bother Romeo, other than some oozing that has just started, he was a rescue and is probably 12yrs old now.

Edited by GreyKarma

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ss556

Emily, I'm so sorry - that really stinks. Your decision will be the right decision. May you enjoy time together and find peace afterwards.

Guest zoolaine

I'm so sorry to hear about Riley. I know he feels your love and that you will do the right thing for him. One day at a time is all you can do. PLease keep us posted on how he is doing. Hugs and prayers going out to both of you - and your husband too.

:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

There's a whole community out here supporting you and the difficult decisions you face. You will know when the time has come. Until then, from our home to yours, prayers and hugs to your whole family.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh Emily~ I am so so sorry. I know how much you love that boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry that you and Riley are going through this very difficult time. You and your husband and Riley will be in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest SoulsMom

Oh Dear, it breaks my heart to hear this news. :weep Keeping you and Riley in my thoughts :grouphug:candle

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest EmilyAnne

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your kind words. :grouphug

I am going to update you both on myhusband and on Riley in this post. My husband has gotten dramatically worse. He started throwing up every day from pain and even full doses of Vicodin were not taking care of all the pain he was in. he went to the doctor, and an MRI was taken the next day. We were not expecting to get the results until several days later, meanwhile my husband was in extremely bad shape. We went to the ER, and my husband was given Morphine and an anti nausea med. The ER looked at the MRI DVD and said it looked like nothing could be done except for him to learn how to cope with the pain for the rest of his life. I broke down sobbing in tears, and myhusband began to cry too. Then they said that it was possible a nuero surgeon would have a different finding so not to lose all hope yet. The neurosurgeon found that my husband has a tethered spinal cord, and that it is correctable by surgery. This is both very good and very scary news. Last time my husband went under anesthesia he had a near death experience. Needless to say, we are quite scared. The doctor said my husband can go ahead and be admitted into the hospital at anytime and have the surgery done. Very likely today or tomorrow. My husband is just trying to work up the courage to go in, and meanwhile is still in excruciating pain. Prayers would be very much appreciated.

Now for update on Riley, after a few days on prednisone, he started to do better, swelling around tumor went down, and he stopped panting so much. This morning the vet called us to discuss Chemo for Riley. We have an appt. at MSU on Friday, to discuss wether or not Riley is a good candidate for Chemo, (one week from tomorrow) I've absolutely no idea what to do. My brain is just in panic right now and I cant think.

Everything just feels like a horrible dream. I am trying to be optimistic. My hope is, that in several months from now, that my husband will be all recovered from his surgery, and will not be in nearly as much pain and will be so much happier, and that maybe chemo will work for Riley, and he will still be with us, and we will be moved to our warmer climate, and Riley's wrist will be all better and he will once again be able to enjoy walks. I really hate that I have to leave him behind when I walk Henry. And I hate seeing him pant in pain. It's so hard to know what is the right thing to do by *Riley*. It's possible if the chemo works, then he could live to enjoy a few more years.

Oh, Emily, that is a lot to go through at once. :grouphug

Sending many positive thoughts for your husband and Riley.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.