Merlin Has Cancer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

This again :weep is devastating News .Marina, hopefully you still have a lot of Quality Time left with Merlin.You are in my

Thoughts and Prayers. :grouphug:brokenheart:grouphug:brokenheart:grouphug and :dogcookie for Merlin .

:grouphug I'm sorry...keeping you in my thoughts

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

My heart goes out to you and Merlin. I went through the same thing with my Isis 2 weeks ago..She came up lame in Jan, nothing on x-rays, then 3 weeks ago her leg went totally dead and became swollen. The mass has swollen and was fracturing her upper leg. At almost 14 it was likely the cure would kill her, if not only give here 3 or 4 more months and they would not be quality months.

The hardest thing for me to do was to let her go before the pain took over. I got her when she retired at 5 as well. I still tear up when I remember the times we had together but I know she is now pain free and we will be together again sometime.

Enjoy the time you have left with Merlin and take comfort in the fact you gave him a great comfortable spoiled life the past 8 years and you will know when it is time to let him run free.

Greg and the Girls

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Guest sirsmom

I'm so sorry. We lost our beloved boy a few months ago to osteosarcoma. We chose not to amputate and just do prednisone. He did pretty well for a few months. We still miss him dearly but I can now talk about him without going to pieces. God bless.

Guest The_Mop

Our sympathy and sorrows, Marina, and we keep Merlin in our thoughts.

We lost our greyhound last year, and still don’t know what illness she had.

I'm so sorry to hear about your boy. Many prayers are being sent your way from NY.

Bella(Bella Zinfandel), Jasper(GLS Run On In)

Bridge Babies: Maggie (So To Speak), Ashlyn (Highwind Tornado), Mick (Rapid Recoil), Tiger(Charge It Up)
CT Greyhound Adoption/GPA