Mickey Deez

Guest brbr

It is with much sadness that I am writing this, on March 21st, we had to help our

Mickey Deez cross over the Rainbow Bridge. Mickey had suffered from a back injury most likly since before we adopted her five years ago. She did fine with chiropractic and acupuncture treatments over the years. A week before, she slipped and fell and re-injured her back, so was being treated for some bulging disc. DH's mom was in and out of the hospitals for heart attacks and surgery that week so the girls were spending time with Auntie and Uncle at the Greyhound kennel. They are always spoiled there, she was her playful self on Friday and I imagine she got the McD's people food we do not allow as usual.

Sat. morning she could not stand and her front paws were knuckled under. An exam showed it was most likely caused by a ceberal problem, or stroke. She tried to get up and come to Mommy when she heard my voice as I walked in....... Her eyes were darting back and forth and her head was bobbing

It was hard, But I knew what had to be done, DH was at work, and I had to do it alone, but it was a decision that had to be made, I could not let her suffer, so I held her and gave her all the love I could as the vet did what had to be done. It was way too soon!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey Deez was 8 on Nov. 9th 2008. Was a beautiful fawn/blonde brindle girlie girl and LOVED everyone, she was so happy and a true Mommas girl......... Ask anyone, I could do whatever with her.

Run all you want now baby girl, Momma, Daddy and your sisters will be with you when the time is right.

post-5776-1238021061_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry....she's in a good place now and isn't hurting anymore. She was a beautiful girl and I hope she's met up with my Lewis.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Brenda , Darryl, and family,

I'm so sorry. :( She was such a sweet baby girl. I'm sure that she will join all the other greyhounds from QCGA at that are waiting for the owners. I know that Van, Connie, & Teddy will be there to show her the ropes. Gary & Tom will watch over her.

Run free sweet baby girl. :bighug:cry1:bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

I'm so sorry. :cry1 She had to leave way too soon.

Godspeed Mickey.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry and yes you are so right, this was way too soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest gotgr8hnds
:f_pink I'm so sad for your loss of this beautiful young girl. ~~Sweet Mickey Deez, may you 'kick up the wind' and run :gh_run on the wings of angels~~

I'm so sorry. She was stunning and way too young.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh lordy, she was SO gorgeous! I am so sorry you are without your sweet baby girl.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Oh lordy, she was SO gorgeous! I am so sorry you are without your sweet baby girl.

I gotta ask............ does Scout and Atty still have any of their screaming monkeys that Mickey and Iris sent them? Mickey Deez still had hers, the screamer was broken of course, but just since Parrot Bay came to live with us almost two years ago. She never broke her toys. Actually Mickey never let anyone except Mamma see her play with them. She would grab one as she walked by ever so casually and then you would hear her romping and playing in the other room and hear the toys screaming. The minute anyone walked in other than Mom, she was laying on the floor looking at the toy as to ask who left this here? She was the perfect lady, always made sure the others walked in the door ahead of her, made sure Mom was coming before she would walk outdoors, Always slept between Moms legs at night no matter how hot it was.......

Brenda

Guest CDNgreys

What beautiful facial features.

I'm sorry you had to do this alone. Bless you, for having the strength and unselfish devotion to release her perfect soul from an ailing body.

:f_pink

:f_red So very young, I am so sorry.

God speed beautiful girl, run now with all the Angels and please continue to watch over those who love you.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless