Please Pray For Polli

Sending along lots of healing thoughts to Polli and prayers that this is just a temporary thing. You guys are in my thoughts a lot since you've been going through so much.

People have recommended Chiro treatments for Bailey's limp and I've always declined. I have heard too many stories about dogs that get manipulated and their conditions worsens because of misdiagnosis. I always go with my gut. Hopefully, you'll be able to find options that work for her.

Jan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots of prayers and hugs to all of you. :grouphug:grouphug:bighug:bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Since you are looking for Dr. Stack I imagine you've already seen these, but for anyone else who hasn't, here is a link to Dr. Stack's articles online. There is one specifically on LS:

http://greythealth.com/lumbosacral.htm

And this one summarizes what drugs are OK to use in combination (and which are not - see table at bottom of article):

http://greythealth.com/pain.htm

Guest VanillaBean

LS=Lumbosacral Stenosis=Narrowing of the spinal canal due to arthritis of the lumbosacral junction.

IF, this is due to a misalignment of the lumbar vertebrae or the Sacrum (one or both moved anteriorally or posterially) then Chiropractic might help.

IF, this is Not, then Chiropractic will not help. Only way you will know if to get Polli examined.

:grouphug to you all.............

signed,

the chiropractor

Sending tons of prayers and hugs.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

sending many prayers to Polli and you! :hope:candle:hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Is anyone suggesting an x ray or ultrasound to look around to find a problem?

Hugs from Philly.

Yes and no.

Vet asked if we wanted to do an x-ray to see what was up. We asked what we would be doing differently, She said absolutely nothing.

Didn't pay to stress Polli out more than she was. It is LS. When the vet did the 2 finger test, down she went.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Checking in on Polli... how is she this evening?

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Checking in on Polli... how is she this evening?

Polli is still struggling. She is resting comfortably although she will pant from time to time. I have her on 100mg of tramadol every 8-12 hours as needed.

It takes a few minutes for her to lay down and she is not able to stand by herself although the last time she did do it by herself. When we get her outside and put her down on the grass, it takes a few minutes for her to get started walking. Once she gets started, she looks pretty good. it's getting her up and started, that's the biggie.

Now, with the impending snow storm... you've got to be kidding me... can't seem to catch a break.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest tennesseegrey

Prayers to you for Polli. Her and Caesar started Chem about the same time and I've been watching for progress on her. I certainly wouldn't do chiropractic without an xray. I hope the accupuncture and meds help.

Joy

Guest Greensleeves
Since you are looking for Dr. Stack I imagine you've already seen these, but for anyone else who hasn't, here is a link to Dr. Stack's articles online. There is one specifically on LS:

And this one summarizes what drugs are OK to use in combination (and which are not - see table at bottom of article):

According to that second link, they *can* give both the Depo and the NSAIDs:

** DepoMedrol lumbosacral injection is OK with NSAIDs

Would it be worth asking again to make sure?

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Robin. I am up early with this snow (husband and son have a long drive to work and I'm nervous). I was thinking of how you are making out with Polli with this crummy snow storm...Donna

thanks for thinking about us. Being that we have to let Beau out every 3 hours, we started shoveling a path at 11 pm, 2 am and 5 am. So, when Dh carried Polli out to do her business, she had a path.

That "lump" which had doubled it's size from the start is less than half it's size and she is moving slighly better today. Maybe Ann (chicosmoms) was right when she said a muscle tear. Oh, that would be so much better than LS. Going to call the vet to see if she still thinks acupunture is a good idea given the circumstances. We have a 9:30 (my office is now closed due to the storm) but if we go, it will be this afternoon when I can get out of my driveway!

According to that second link, they *can* give both the Depo and the NSAIDs:

** DepoMedrol lumbosacral injection is OK with NSAIDs

Would it be worth asking again to make sure?

I actually got a email from Suzanne Stack. Yes, it can be given, with associated risks of course.