Cindy

MilliesMom

My sweet little Cindy, a freckle-nosed black and grey tabby who was nearly 17 or 18, passed away peacefully this morning in her beloved grass.

Her mother, Sabu, was a stray who had adopted us many years ago when our now grown-up son was a little boy. We had neighbors feed her when we went on vacation, and when we returned, we discovered she'd given birth to 2 tabby girls and a blue boy. (We had no idea she was even that old!) We eventually gave away Blue Boy and kept Sabu and her daughters, Emmy and Cinderella (all named by our son.)

In February four years ago, we found Sabu had died of a heart attack after being mauled. Then the next day of the following year or two, Emmy was attacked in the middle of the night and died in my arms. Cindy didn't skip a beat and adopted the younger cats. I am very grateful that she died naturally.

She's been such an earth mother, although she never had children of our own.

Sometimes I'd hear crying a few hours after she ate, but it wasn't her who was

hungry. I'd look outside and see her little adopted stray kitten mewing or another one of the cats who had skipped his meal, and she just was trying to tell me to feed them.

Often in her later years I'd awaken to her crying in the middle of the night for more attention or food. Annoying, but endearing.

Now I look at the window sill, and unless the kitten is rubbing himself on there like Cindy

taught him how to do, it's empty. No more purring that sounded more like an engine running.

It's the end of an era. All our pets we had when our child was growing up are gone. That, in itself, gives me pause.

Edited by MilliesMom

I am so sorry. She sounded like a special kitty.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Cindy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, I'm sorry. :bighug

How lovely for her though, that she passed away peacefully by herself, in a loved place. Only one of my dogs has died in his bed, in his sleep. It's still horrible to lose them, but I found that passing the easiest one to deal with, even though Jim was my heart dog. I felt he went gently and in his own time.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Thank you for all your warm wishes. Indeed, they are comforting me. May you be comforted, too, by the memories of your furry friends whom you've lost.

Silverfish's story reminds me of a tale that a friend of my related to me yesterday.

Her friend had 2 dogs, one of whom loved collecting tennis balls from around the house. One night, when his owners returned, he was nowhere to be found. Finally, they discovered that he had passed away in the backyard...with all of his tennis balls around him.

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I am so sorry for your loss. Cindy sounds like such a sweet girl who brought you lots of love and affection.

:f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am sorry for your loss.

God Speed Cindy-

Look for Sasha and Blue who I know will, no doubt show you the way. Sasha was a lady through and through, you old gals will have a lot to chat about.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project