Back To The Vet We Go

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, your poor boy! :( :( :( :(

I can't even put eye drops in my eye without wincing, reading about all that he's gone through makes my knees buckle :o :o

sending many prayers his eye heals up soon!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh no :( Sending lots of prayers it will heal this time.

Sadly no, we have an appointment at 2:00

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Jake sweetie that eye just has to heal now. Good luck Janet. Everything crossable is crossed.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Ah, Jake, this has got to be stressful for you AND your Mom. I hope your poor eye gets better soon. Let us know.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

We're home, update in the first post

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

This may be a stupid question, but can the eye be covered, like with a patch? When I've had corneal abrasions, opening the eye is so painful. I'm not sure if he needs air to circulate to heal but if not how about a Jack Sparrow patch? Or maybe a la Les Miserable?

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I was told that vet's don't like to cover eyes anymore, unless it is for a serious injury. Covering the eye is very stressful and they work pretty hard at getting the covering off that can cause more damage.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Hope the new one heals quicker than the 1st one!! Keep that vet wrap on the dewclaw!

When I had my laser surgery, they gave me a clear plastic piece to put over my eye at night - it taped on... wonder if that'd work for him - he'd still be able to see through it so it might not freak him out too much...

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Winterwish

Wow what an ordeal for you guys. It sounds like the eye is looking good from how you wrote Janet,even with the second abrasion,you took great care of it. Hopefully this one will heal soon. Feel better soon Jake!