Rusty Fell Down The Stairs

Poor Rusty! That's what I fear about Lee. Hope Rusty is up and about soon.

Feel better Rusty! Maybe mommy will get you some mooshies and ice cream while you recuperate.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor old fellow. :( I constantly worry about Buddy doing that; he's nearly 12, and navigating the stairs has become a bit more challenging for him recently....but thank God no cancer was seen in your guy!!

Edited by rascalsmom

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

I've fostered lots of broken legged IGs during wintertime, and Press 'N' Seal Glad Wrap is my lifesaver. While the casts and bandages I have to cover are not as big as you'll encounter, the Glad Wrap goes on quickly, actually clings, and will keep casts/bandages dry even in rain or snow. A sock pulled over the top will keep any exposed toes warm, too.

Good luck!

Poor Rusty! Sweet boy, I have a feeling that there may be some extra treats in your future, so it's not ALL bad! "Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven!" Or ice cream or biskies or whatever your little heart desires!

Hope he heals flawlessly! :getwell

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, no! Poor guy. I know that was scary for Rusty AND you. Hope his recovery is smooth.

I can sure sympathize. I broke my ankle in July---it's no fun to be all booted up.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Yikes! Your poor boy. :( Sending lots of prayers and healing energy his way... :getwell

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

oh Jodie! Poor Rusty and poor you! I'm glad that you were home and able to take care of him until he could get to the vet.

He wouldn't have gone the stairs if I would have been to work as usual. I stayed home because I was sick and my son had off of school for the cold weather. I went down to the basement office to check email and he wanted to come down too.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I appreciate it.

Edited by Rustyroo

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Poor baby. Thank God it not more than the break.

Get well soon Rusty.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Drafters

Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon. Try either the Glad Wrap suggestion or just wrap and tape a trash bag around his leg when he goes outside so the cast doesn't get wet.