Ember Coughing

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

ember has been coughing lately. it only happens when she is excited. i have a really bad feeling about this.......i was sick after christmas with a cold, and im hoping that ember picked it up from me, and it isnt the other bad "M" word.....i will bring it up at our 5th chemo round tomorrow. please keep her in your thoughts.

Edited by EmbersDad

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

I would definitely make sure to bring it to the vets attention at your next appointment. I know you're worried, but there are other reasons that Ember could be coughing - Piaget does this sometimes and she has a clean bill of health. Sending good thoughts that it's nothing serious! :grouphug

Please, Tom- don't panic. Polli coughs when she drinks as he espogus is sensitive sometimes. If Polli holds her nose up to in the air and I gently scratch her under her chin, she coughs. Could be sensitivity.

Please update as soon as you speak to your vet. Why don't you call today?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Tom, I know how nervous and afraid you are, but honestly, sometimes a cough is just a cough! (Not that I wouldn't be pacing the floor wracked with worry - just trying to cheer you up). All paws and fingers crossed here that it IS just a cough.

Connie

What sort of cough is it Tom?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest SoulsMom
Tom, I know how nervous and afraid you are, but honestly, sometimes a cough is just a cough! (Not that I wouldn't be pacing the floor wracked with worry - just trying to cheer you up). All paws and fingers crossed here that it IS just a cough.

Connie

All paws and fingers crossed here too!

Soul was freaking me out the other night with the reverse sneeze. He just couldn't stop. I was terrified that his throat was swelling or something (since we still don't know what is causing the GI bleeding, I was afraid it was a new symptom)

Ember sweetie, stop worrying your Dad :kiss2

Guest EmbersDad
What sort of cough is it Tom?

it sounds like she is trying to gak up phlegm. its really short and raspy. i havent called the vet because it doesnt happen all the time, only when she is excited. ijust came back in from a short trip to the post office and she did not cough when i got home.

Connie

All paws and fingers crossed here too!

Soul was freaking me out the other night with the reverse sneeze. He just couldn't stop. I was terrified that his throat was swelling or something (since we still don't know what is causing the GI bleeding, I was afraid it was a new symptom)

Ember sweetie, stop worrying your Dad :kiss2

althea does that too. scared the dogsnot out of me the first time.

Easy for us to say please don't worry, but chemo is such a roller coaster. But, there ARE lots of ups and downs that are just that---blips in the road. You are on top of everything, and know your girl really well, so go with your gut feeling. Do you think you need to do chest X-rays?

Sending tons of prayers to Ember and to you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest myjazzy

It's probably nothing, but since you're going to take her in for her chemo anyway, I would mention it to the vet and maybe even have a chest x-ray done, if for not other reason than peace of mind. Good thoughts for you and your girl. :grouphug

Sending tons of prayers for Ember and you from PA.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Sending lots of wishes and hope it is nothing serious.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest HeatherDemps

I understand your worry. I went through this with Dempsey and was terrified. I think it happened around chemo 3 or 4... conveniently right before his follow up chest x-rays. I had myself convinced what they were going to tell me and it ended up being fine. Demps would do though exactly what you described, get excited and cough. My iggy does it, too, but because he doesn't have cancer, I've never thought twice about it.... Hang in there!

Sending prayers and chanting this is KNOT mets...we just won't tolerate that! I did want to say also...Pavé Maria does this high pitched wheeze and cough when she gets excited...she checks out fine! It's just excitement. Please update us tomorrow and kiss Ember for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I understand the fear. I mentioned Darcy coughing to the vet once, months ago. She didn't do it very often but each time she did it, my heart fell into my boots. Turned out she just had a hair in her throat or something. My vet also told me at that time that we would probably notice that she was more 'panty' or breathless if there was anything 'to be concerned about' before we noticed a cough - and that the cough tends to be from deep within. I hope that eases your mind a tiny bit :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I hope it's nothing serious... :hope

Josey does the reverse sneeze thing. Freaks me out every time, even though I know she's perfectly fine.

Guest greydogluvr

I will not tell you not to worry because I know this rollercoaster ride all too well but Ember is a strong girl and she is gonig to be fine. Hang in there and let us know how she is doing throughout the day. Big hugs to that precious one.