Good Thoughts For Maxx, Please

Guest Maxx

I am sending lots of prayers for Maxx, my Max is sending many good wishes for a full recovery.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SoulsMom
I guess I spoke too soon. His PCV has decreased, down to 31, since this morning. Not a positive sign. Keep the good thoughts coming, everyone - it looks like we still need them!

Awww, crap. Sending more good thoughts for your baby :grouphug

Sending healing thoughts to your oh-so-beautiful boy.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

How is Maxx doing today? :goodluck

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hoping for good news about Maxx.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Checking in with more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KennelMom

I talked to our vet this morning about what you've been going through with your Maxx. I'm trying to set up a consult with Dr. Couto and him today....Do you know if they've gotten the biopsy results back? Our vet talked about biopsying the spleen, but I'm wondering if it should just be removed. Thank you so much for posting in Harmony's thread about your boy...your info has been really helpful.

:grouphug Hugs to you and Maxx

Edited by KennelMom

Maxx came home yesterday evening. He is pretty uncomfortable (the incision is huge) and is having some problems with his leg where the IV was. It's swollen to about 3 times its normal size and he doesn't want to put weight on it. They said it should go down within a day or so - until then it's just a waiting game. Maxx is picking at his food, but is willing to drink vanilla Ensure between feedings, so I'm not too worried about his intake just yet.

The biopsy may be in today, but Dr. Couto said that he may not be able to provide me with results until the weekend. We're hanging in until we have more answers and next steps to work toward. Whatever the outcome, I have confidence in Dr. Couto's abilities.

just seeing this now! :(

sending healing thoughts and prayers to Maxx!!!! :hope :hope :hope:bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I talked to our vet this morning about what you've been going through with your Maxx. I'm trying to set up a consult with Dr. Couto and him today....Do you know if they've gotten the biopsy results back? Our vet talked about biopsying the spleen, but I'm wondering if it should just be removed. Thank you so much for posting in Harmony's thread about your boy...your info has been really helpful.

:grouphug Hugs to you and Maxx

The biopsy of the intestines and liver are back (intestines normal, liver showing some changes), but the spleen is still out. Prior to removing the spleen, they performed 2 fine needle aspirations on the spleen - one while Maxx was on prednisone, and one when he was off of it. He looked pretty normal the first time. It was only after he was off the pred that the spleen issue was much more apparent. Is Harmony on prednisone? That can cover up a lot of problems.

I'm glad the information I posted was helpful. If anything we are going through can help another dog, I'm happy to do anything I can.

Sending gentle scritchies to your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm glad that sweet boy is home with you and that each day is a better than the one before.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Welcome home sweetheart. Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Guest boondog

I don't know how I missed this. I just saw your merchandise thread and came here to find out about Maxx's situation. How awful. He has my prayers.

I wish I had a better update to give. Maxx has had some positive progress - his red cell count has increased, his white cell count has decreased - both good. But he is refusing food now, and clearly has some abdominal discomfort. Yesterday we returned to OSU and he was a shocking 58 pounds, down from 76. They switched up some antibiotics, and we return to OSU tomorrow for follow-up.

Please keep Maxx in your thoughts - we're still fighting for him.

Sending more prayers and chants for Maxx. Please hug and kiss him for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg