Prayers For Dallas

Guest trevdog

Guest trevdog

Sorry for not updating sooner, we got home late and I am a wreck. They did xrays and found 2 spots of concern. Her tummy and intestines were all distended and angry looking. Couldn't tell if the spots were a blockage or just gas, she also was very gassy. They admitted her and were gong to give an iv. The 4am update a new set of xrays was done, things seemed to be moving and the spot in the instestine couldn't be seen. Instestines looked to be back to normal, but stomach was still pretty gassy and full looking. They were going to feed her and see how she was and kept it down and do more xrays around 10 this morning. They would update me if she got worse or needed to do surgery. I haven't gotten a call so hopefully that means she's progressing ok. Obviously we want to avoid surgery if possible. We are hoping this is just a really bad case of gas at this point, but many of her symtoms appeared to be the same as the obstruction.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

As of 8am, she was still keeping food down. Pottied normally but is still stretching a lot. They pushed the xrays back to 3pm in hopes of improvement and to give the food time to go through and the anticids to help. If she seems more distressed or throws up they will xray immediately.

They were supportive of me bringing her in since she had the obstruction before. That's still possible but right now we are hoping for just a really gassy tummy.....

Edited by trevdog

Fingers crossed here for big gas :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Keeping Dallas in my thoughts. Thanks for the update.

:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Nothing like praying for gas, eh? Know how worried you must be. Sending hugs and prayers for your pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:hope :hope

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest greybookends

Never thought we'd be praying for gas in a grey! Come on Dallas I've seen Ginny do it. Give them one big GH stretch burp from one end and let the gas flow from the other! :fart

:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Sending prayers...please sweetie...let it rip! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest trevdog

Afternoon update, seems to be moving around pretty well. No BM again, but lots of pee. Will be taking xrays again around 3pm. Said she seems pretty active right now. No gas coming out the other end though, and usually she is quite unfeminine about that at home.

On another note, there is a 13 year old grey there being taken care of. He was brought in yesterday after being left in a home for a week alone, his elderly owner was found to have passed away.....he's pretty malnourished and dehydrated, one of the groups is taking him in when he recovers....poor boy...

Come on Dallas, it's time to cut the cheese so you can go home and be pampered!

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with the older dog and it's owner, very very sad. I'm glad he was found and is being cared for.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Years ago I had a westie that ate a rock as a puppy. She had to have 10 inches of bowel removed, because the stone got stuck. After that (she was only 6 months old at the time), she was very sensitive to pain in her tummy. I had her to the vet many many times for x-rays because she'd do that stretching and in pain. Most of the time it was just gas.

But, when she was 10 years old, she was acting off again for more x-rays. The vet looked at the x-rays (so did I) and saw no obstruction. Just a lot of gas. There was also gas outside of her stomach, not a lot. It still hurts me to say this, but by the time we did exploratory surgery, it was too late. She had a "thin spot" where her bowel was resected and a very small thin piece of grass had pierced the thin spot and she had peritonitis. We had to let her cross the bridge without waking up from the anesthesia.

I did a lot of research after, trying to absolve my guilt about not being better at protecting her, and I found one important fact: when the dog has gas outside of the stomach, not just in the stomach, it is a clue to peritonitis. If I had known this for Lindsay, I would have made the decision to do the exploratory surgery earlier and possibly have saved her life. So please ask your dr. if there is gas outside her stomach...possibly there could be a "thin spot" where Dallas's obstruction was and gas could be escaping outside of her stomach, which means the yucky stuff could escape, which would lead to the peritonitis.

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Connie

Guest BooandCalisMom

Any news? Come on Dallas!!! Prayers for passing some more gas and getting outta there and back home with your momma:)

prayers for the found pup. So very sad.

Guest trevdog

I will check on the outside gas as well when I call for the update at 4PM. Should be doing the xrays about now. When she had her surgery they didn't have to open up her stomach or intestines, they were able to push the obstruction through manually. So hopefully she doesn't have any thin spots, but I will ask about the gas on the outside......Her intestines were at normal this morning let's hope her stomach is now too. I will also ask about peritontis.

I am just super sensitive about obstructions and tummy problems since that happened to Lindsay. If I had known enough, I could possibly have saved her life, and if not, at least some of her suffering. The blade of grass was so thin we didn't see it on the x-ray - we only knew what caused the problem when the vet opened her up and found the infection and then went looking for the reason. I saw the blade of grass and you would never believe it could have caused a problem - it was smaller diameter than a string of vermicelli.

Connie