Cindy (tv Cindy)

Guest cindysmom

Guest cindysmom

My sweet, sweet Cindy has passed. I had to let her go due to her entering the final stages of Cushing's disease.

Cindy,

My heart is breaking as I remember all the times we spent together and remembering how very much you brought to my life. You came to me when I needed something to bring me out of the shadows of life. Having bought a house, I knew I wanted a dog. I thought I had my heart set on a golden retriever. However, one Saturday morning, with nothing to do, I saw an ad in the local paper for a greyhound meet and greet. Always facinated by greyhounds, I thought, what the heck, I'll just go look at them.

I got to the meet and greet, and yes, I first passed you by, seeing the gray on your muzzle, thinking, "Oh, she must be so old, I don't want to adopt a dog and lose it in a few years." Being the natural human I was, my eyes were drawn to the brighter colored dogs. But, as soon as I headed for one, another person was there before me. Finally, in a cosmic "musical dogs" game it seemed, you and I were left standing in front of each other. I finally asked the handler how old you were, and he said you were only 5, barely middled aged, and before I could say another word, he thrush the leash in my hand and said "Go take her for a walk." Um okay... I said... Our bond wasn't instant. I still didn't know a grey is what I wanted. But, as we walked, I thought, "Huh, well maybe... okay..." I proceeded to fill out the paperwork, passed the home visit with flying colors. When I went to pick you up, the handler brought you into the waiting room of the kennel that was filled with people. But, my sweet girl, you knew... You knew where you belonged. Without me calling you or saying a word, when she just dropped the leash on the floor, you came straight to me, out of all the people in the room, and buried your head between my legs and stood there. Even after I got you home, I was thinking, as your presence seemed to fill my small home, "Oh dear God, what have I done?? Can I handle this?" But you, sweet girl, you knew even before I did. I remember the moment a few weeks later that we became inexplicably bonded. It was a warm sunny day, I went out to lie on the grass in the back yard, relishing the fact that I had a home of my own, and a dog, my ultimate dream. You came and stretched out beside me, reached your paw over and laid it on my hand and let out the most contented sigh I had ever heard. That was the moment we had each other's hearts for the rest of our lives.

Ever since then, we have been there for each other through thick and thin. In the two most difficult times of my life, you were the one who made me get up each morning and get through, get out for walks, licked my tears, and made me laugh at your silly antics. It was like you seemed to love to make me laugh.

I could go on and on and on about all the memories of our time together, but there are just too many to recount here.

When we walked the beach and met people (yes, silly girl, you thought everyone down there was there just to meet you and become your friend, and you soon had them convinced of that too...). They would hear that you were an adopted racing grey and would tell me how lucky you were that you had me. But, the reality was, my love... I was blessed to have you. I will miss you every day of the rest of my life, and I can't wait for the time that we will be together again.

348752926.jpg

348752844.jpg

348752229.jpg

348752204.jpg

108225910.jpg

Edited by cindysmom

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{{{{{{{{{{cindysmom}}}}}}}}}}

Godspeed, lovely girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a special girl. :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

:weep :weep :weep :weep

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Cindy. I can't stop the tears running down my face. I am so, so sorry you had to let her go, but it is clear from your words that not even physical death has been able to separate you from each other.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Rest in peace, Cindy.

:gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

The truth is you were both lucky to have each other.

God Speed Cindy.

Hugs to you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

What a wonderful tribute to your lovely girl. I am so sorry for your loss, but glad that you already have all the wonderful memories of your times together foremost in your thoughts. :grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

What a moving tribute to your sweet girl. It sounds like you and Cindy shared a deep bond and many wonderful experiences in your life together. I am so sorry you had to say goodbye.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:f_red Your tribute is one of the most touching that I have read. The bond you have is one that will never be broken. God speed little girl and run with the angels. Watch over those who love you :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless