Beau Update.

RobinM

this was a major scare for me. I was up ever yhalf hour praying to GOD that he would be OK.

We did not give anymore flagyl last night as he was getting sicker. We gave him a prilosec this morning. I also got the carafate sulfate to coat his stomach however, it has to be done by a dropper which is going to really tramatize him. He will freak.

He ate about a 1/4 cup of kibble and some chop meat at about 7:30 AM. He kept it down all day - no puking.

When DH got home about 2;30 -3PM, he ate about 1/2 cup kibble and about 1/4 pound of chop meat. At 5:30 he only picked at his dinner which I kinda expected since he ate earlier. I will try later some more kibble.

We are taking baby steps but I am so grateful it is in the right direction.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Glad to hear of some improvement. :goodluck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

As long as he is getting better!

Why does the carafate have to be by a dropper? I give it to them in a teaspoon of canned or shove it down their throat :rolleyes:

let's see why.. because if he tastes it, he won't eat and right now he is being even more picky than usual... and if I "shove" it down his throat, he will be so tramatized, he will not eat because of it. For real, I kid you not.

Beau is, to say the least, exceptionally senstive. He'll get it cause he needs it, but we dread it.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Sending many prayers and positive thoughts for Beau. Get well, sweetheart!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

You are using suspension. I use the pills, and we do have to pill, and I understand why you can't.

Carafate saved Vinnie's life. Chase has used it, too. I was going to suggest it when I read your post that the suspension was ordered. If your experience is the same as ours, you will see a gradual change. Remember to keep the food bland no matter how bored or how hungry he gets.

Glad to read Beau's update. Baby steps are a good thing. :)

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Baby steps are better than no steps...keep it up Beau!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

You are using suspension. I use the pills, and we do have to pill, and I understand why you can't.

Carafate saved Vinnie's life. Chase has used it, too. I was going to suggest it when I read your post that the suspension was ordered. If your experience is the same as ours, you will see a gradual change. Remember to keep the food bland no matter how bored or how hungry he gets.

Glad to read Beau's update. Baby steps are a good thing. :)

you are right, They come in pill form. I just called the pharmacy and said I wanted the pills not liquid. they said my doctor specifically asked for the liquid. I gave him the first dropper, he screamed and ran away with his tail tucked.

I will have the nurse in my office call the script in tomorrow in my name for the pill. This way, I can put it through the insurance as I paid $40.00 for the script today which I will not use.

thanks for letting me know.

Keep taking those baby steps sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm glad to hear Beau is doing a little better. Sending good thoughts that he keeps taking steps in the right direction.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I'm glad to hear that Beau is improving - sorry to hear you're having trouble with his meds. As Jack is a very spooky little guy and we had trouble with liquid antacid with him (resulting in liquid everywhere, foaming at the mouth, screaming, falling and 'frog-legging' in panic) I sympathise. Zitac in meat paste or Vivitreats was Jack's solution!

Hope the tabs work well for you, too!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Baby steps are good steps :)

Keep getting better Beau :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sounds like a promising update for Beau. Stomach healing takes a while and baby steps are the best way to go. As his stomach irritation subsides, his appetite will begin to return. Hoping each day gets better and better!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Last night after dinner, around 9 pm or so, he ate 1 cup dried I-D as a snack. I just kept sprinkling it on my bed, he'd eat it. (don't ask what's in my bed- if someone told me 4 years ago, that I would be sleeping with dog cookie crumbs, kibble, residue of tripe, dried chicken etc., i would have laughed in their face)

This morning, I firgured, I'd go light. 3/4 cup with shredded chicken. He very relunctantly walked over to his bowl and moved it around, took a few bites and walked away. He, like his mother, is not big big on breakfast. After I left for work (1/2 hour late for a change) DH gave him it and he did eat it.

So, once again, we will do small meals. I just don't want him to lose anymore weight.

Guest jurishound

Oh, Robin - I have been off GT for a while and am so sorry to read about Beau. We had some luck stimulating Stormy's (:brokenheart) appetite with frosty paws and yoghunds. Sending good wishes to you and your boy, and I hope Polli is feeling better too. :goodluck

Edited by jurishound