Xtra Ranch - A Special Boy

onrushpam

Sometimes there is a special greyhound who touches so many people from afar. No particular reason but they just reach out and grab your heart. Ranchie was one of these exceptional personalities that seem to gather people together. Perhaps that is the biggest part of his legacy. Thank you for loving Ranchie and know that we grieve with you.

Amen. Run free Ranchie boy, you were a fighter and so deserved to be with us longer.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArtysPeople

Thank you for working as hard as you did to help Xtra Ranch. The awful fact is that sometimes, no matter what you do, it's not enough, but you never know it at the time. :grouphug Run free sweet Ranch boy. :gh_run2

I am so sorry to read this news about Ranch. Everyone tried so hard - he could not have had better care anywhere else. If only his story had a different ending. My heart goes out to all who loved him.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

For every pup who passes, my heart breaks, but this one has ripped my heart out. Ranchie fought so hard and so long, and I am grateful to know that he was so well cared for and loved by the ones who gave their all for him.I'm grateful that Marilyn was him at the end. Ranchie deserved so much more but I guess God had other plans for him. God speed handsome boy, and run now with the angels. Please know how very much you are loved and always will be. Run free Ranch, and please watch over those who love you :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest nerak254

My heart just dropped when I read about Ranchie yesterday. It made me so sad that the fight was just too much and it was time for him to go. I am so very sorry. I know there are lots of new friends showing him the ropes.

Edited by nerak254

Tears are flowing as I'm typing. I was hoping Ranchie would receive a Christmas miracle and we would all be crying tears of joy instead of tears of sorrow.

Thank all of you who helped this dear boy, you are his true angels. I know he is smiling down upon you, thanking you for everything you did for him.

Godspeed Sweet Xtra Ranch, you were loved and are now greytly missed.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_run:f_red:f_red:f_red

Carla

Guest goofydog

I am so sorry to read this post. Thank you for making every effort to

save this sweet boy. Through it all he stayed a loving and giving

hound and that knew you were only trying to help him. Thanks for all

the work you all put forward on his behalf and to Marilyn for being

there with him when it was time to let him go. There is a special

place in heaven for all of you where you will meet him again. And

hopefully a spot for him in Grey Haven's Memory Garden with the other

special hounds.

Godspeed Ranchie.

Toni

I am so terribly sorry that Ranchie didn't make it. I was following his progress closely. Thank you Pam, Lynn, Marilyn and all those who tried so valiantly to save this extraordinary boy.

Pam, my heart breaks for you and Marilyn, and the many people who loved Ranchie and tried so hard to save him. Though his time with us was short, he taught us all so much about courage, patience, joyfulness. Thank-you for letting him know how very much he was loved.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

My heart goes out to those who tried to very hard to save this special boy. He fought a long, hard battle. A very special angel has joined countless others at the bridge. Godspeed Ranch.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Heartbreakingly sad. What a special brave boy he was..........

Sorry to all the people that tried their hardest to help Ranchie.

Run free :gh_run

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Rest easy now Ranch, the pain is gone and you are once again whole and healthy.

You followed in the long tradition of greyhound courage and endurance. You fought a hard battle; but did not allow your beautiful spirit and loving personality to waver despite the pain and fear you must certainly have felt. You were a lover and were, in turn, loved by so many. We grieve for the life that might have been. We cheer for the champion you were.

There have been many before you, Ranch, and there will be many more to join you across the Rainbow Bridge. The experienced Bridge Kids will teach you all the special places and you, in turn, will teach those that follow. Bless you, sweet boy. Run fast, run free.

Thank you to the extraordinary group that did so much for Ranch during his long illness.

Hugs and sympathies to all who work with the JCKC dogs. What you do is something very special; God bless you all and Ranchie too.

Marcia and Perri, a JCKC would-have-been