So Long Asa

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

i got this today from my friend, beth. asa was awesome :wub::weep

run free buddy

:gh_runf_yellow

I had to let my beautiful boy Asa go to the rainbow bridge today. He took a very unexpected turn for the worse last weekend - eating very sporadically these past few days. Although he was very alert and did NOT seem to be in pain, he was very lethargic; I knew he just wasn't ASA. I took him to Langhorne again today where they determined that his belly was slowly filling up with blood from the tumor on his liver. An incredible surgeon had been handling Asa's case - her dog had died from the exact same cancer last year and she had been keeping in touch with me this week almost daily. She knew what we both were going through since she had experienced this herself; she was wonderful through all of this today.

Today was exactly one month from the day he was diagnosed with hermangiosarcoma and 16 days shy of his 11th birthday. I miss him terribly already and Austin is NOT handling this well at all. I don't think Kody has realized yet that he is gone...

xo,

Beth

2nar3ti.jpg

Gentle hugs to your friend.

Godspeed, most handsome fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Please give my sympathies to Asa's family. I am very sorry for their lose of Asa, he is a handsome boy. We lost our Pointer to the very same type of cancer.

Run free Asa, run free... :gh_run

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jettcricket

....I was deeply saddened when I opened up my e-mail this morning. :( Beth and Asa were one of first people and hound that I met when I became involved in the wonderful world of greyhounds years ago.

...Your right Tom, he was an awesome boy. I'm just sorry that he couldn't stay around a bit longer.

Go find Jett Asa.....he'll show you around. :f_red:gh_run

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so very sorry. My sister just lost her lab to this nasty cancer on Wednesday.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest EmbersDad
....I was deeply saddened when I opened up my e-mail this morning. :( Beth and Asa were one of first people and hound that I met when I became involved in the wonderful world of greyhounds years ago.

...Your right Tom, he was an awesome boy. I'm just sorry that he couldn't stay around a bit longer.

Go find Jett Asa.....he'll show you around. :f_red:gh_run

yeah, he was real quiet & dignified, a true statesman. some days i would visit, and he would be right there waiting for scritches. other times. he just hung back, knowing i would come and give him some luvin. i was hoping he would have made it to chritsmas.

I am so sorry. Please express my condolences to Beth on her loss. Asa was a beautiful boy and he sounds like such a gentleman. It is always so hard to say goodbye.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

It's always hard to lose a good friend but around the holidays are much tougher. Please pass my condolences on to Beth and all who knew and loved Asa. He sounds like a wonderful boy.

Run free Asa!

Sending my sympathy.

:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting