Cordelia

GreytHoundPoet

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caiteag

I'm so sorry... I no longer have birds, but I do have two beautiful feathered bridge babies myself.. and I know the hole they can leave in your heart.

Fly free, beautiful Cordelia.

Guest K9_Lady
Thank you everybody. I needed to read these before I made the call to my dad...he loves that little bird and was coming to see her (and me) for Christmas...

:grouphug I am so very sorry for your loss of Cordelia. They are small birds with huge personalities. My Cockatiel died a few years ago and my Dad was lost without her. When Arco and I would go to work, Peanut would sit on my Dads knee and they would watch TV together.

:f_red

A hymn popped into my head 'all things bright and beautiful' after reading your beautiful tribute to Cordelia......

Condolences for the loss of your little friend.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I am so sorry. She really was a beautiful girl. Fly Free Sweetie. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So sorry Cordelia had to leave you.

We had a yellow pearl for seven years. She was a beauty, marked like a male, and was a great comfort for my terminally ill dad and then for my mom after Dad left. I know how much "just a bird" can do to help a person on their journey through life.

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Shannon, I'm so sorry about Cordelia - I know folks who have parrots, cockatiels, etc and know how attached they get! As much as with dogs or cats, maybe even more-so, since they can live for so long!!

I love the picture of her playing Clue and the one with the Christmas tree...

Hugs...

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm so sorry :(

They may be little, but they huge in personality.

Hugs-

Kelly

Kiki & Bean the cockatiels

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Shannon,

I an just now seeing this. I am so very sorry. And I understand so perfectly well. I have heard the same exact phrase "just a bird" when I spent nearly $1000 to try and save my parakeet Boid, only to watch him die in my car on the way home from the vets. I still think he died of a broken heart. The messy monkeys have our hearts, just like any other creature we take into our lives.

I had a girl that looked just like your Cordelia...her name was Baby and she was just the sweetest. I am sure she has welcomed your girl to the Bridge and they will be friends forever more.

Hugs to you,

Camille

Edited by LoveMyJoseyBean

Shannon,

I an just now seeing this. I am so very sorry. And I understand so perfectly well. I have heard the same exact phrase "just a bird" when I spent nearly $1000 to try and save my parakeet Boid, only to watch him die in my car on the way home from the vets. I still think he died of a broken heart. The messy monkeys have our hearts, just like any other creature we take into our lives.

I had a girl that looked just like your Cordelia...her name was Baby and she was just the sweetest. I am sure she has welcomed your girl to the Bridge and they will be friends forever more.

Hugs to you,

Camille

:grouphug Thank you!! That means a lot to me.

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

:cry1 I'm so sorry. :grouphugf_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

It is hard to lose a beloved pet... :f_white

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

I have had a few birds, and I grieved just as much for them as my dogs or family. Birds are incredible companions.

Your Cordelia was so beautiful! I am sorry for your loss

:f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif