Grandpa A/k/a Champ

Guest KennelMom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Winterwish

Such a beautiful tribute to your beautiful Champ,Grandpa. Sending my deepest condolences to both of you Heather,to your pups too,and all who knew and loved Grandpa.

Run,play and fly free Grandpa ~ :candle:gh_run:f_pink:candle

There are hounds out there that touch our lives in a very special way. It sounds like your Grandpa was just such a hound in your lives. It causes us such pain to say goodby but pain is the price we pay for love. And the love they give us is well worth the pain of havong to say goodbye. He has left his pawprint on your heart, right in the special place that is his. And there he shall remain. Thank you for sharing Grandpa's story. We hope that your heart heals on the wings of his memory.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Heather, I am so very sorry. I remember the picture of Champ, your move and all the houndies to follow. Grandpa left a legacy in his footsteps!

There have been so many losses the past couple months, and now another.

Run with the Angels, Grandpa, run fast!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Beautiful tribute and such a special hound. He changed your lives, and so every day will be a tribute to him. I'm sorry for your loss.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

A wonderful tribute, a spectacular houndie, and the best family imaginable for him. After the first grey I picked out got sent somewhere else by mistake, and I was crushed, our adoption counselor told me that you get the dog you're supposed to have. I didn't want to hear that New Age stuff right then, but it turned out to be as true for us (another story, for a different time) as it clearly was for you. Though your heart is broken now, and I'm crying with you, I'm happy for the wonderful life you gave each other. And I can't thank you enough for sharing Grandpa's story.

Mary :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Awww... :weep

Run like the wind, Grandpa. You are a special one!

BTW, your old trainer now takes very good care of all the adoption doggies in our kennel!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

My heart sank when I saw Grandpa's name here. :( It was so hard to read through my tears but I laughed so hard when I read "Grandpa get in the house and quit eating shi*. Bless his heart...Godspeed sweet little man...a true Champ. My sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest GriffinsMom

What a wonderful tribute to such a special hound. Godspeed to the Bridge Grandpa. My deepest condolences to you and Ken on the loss of such a beautiful soul.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Guest argolola

Heather and Ken, I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious angel. What a handsome boy who touched the hearts of many. You will be in my prayers.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Heather and Ken, you stayed strong for Grandpa. It wasn't easy and it never will be. I know your hearts are breaking.

I am so sorry for the loss of Grandpa. His legacy lives on in your hearts and many others along with all his offspring out there.

You have been blessed to share in Grandpa's life and also those of his kids. Grandpa was blessed to have you guys as his Mom and Dad.

I also feel blessed to be able to share in Grandpa's life through your stories and words of love.

GOD SPEED Grandpa :angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

Such a warm and touching tribute. Grandpa certainly was a champion in so many ways. It hurts so much to say goodbye. May all those memories of your very special boy give you comfort.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 What a wonderful tribute to your Champ.

Godspeed Grandpa.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:bighug:f_red:f_pink:f_white Grandpa was a very popular dog and he was brought up at Play Day! Many people have stories to share. Grandpa you left a legacy behind. I am so very sorry Kan and Heather. You both are in my thoughts and prayers....

:gh_run2 Run Free Grandpa!!! (CHAMP)

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I'm so sorry!!! :grouphug I was not happy when I logged onto GT this afternoon and saw this thread! I knew he'd been failing... just didn't want to see this today!

Godspeed handsome Grandpa! :kiss2