Need Medical Advice

Ok...we went to dinner and came home to a horrible mess. The KNOT Saintly Pavé Maria got my micro bead pillow and had a freakin hay day with that thing...she chewed it...shook it... It is even on the ceiling fans. If she ingested some of this will it hurt her? Our vet is closed and I am worried. I am sure I will be finding this stuff for 2 years or more... :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire I have never seen such a mess in my whole life and this stuff sticks to everything. She even had it in her eyes. :(

One Pavé Maria...free to a good home! Grrrrrrrrrrrr :rolleyes::lol:PB):angryfire

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh no!!! What a mess!

Hopefully she'll be all right if any was eaten.

It sounds like she had a good time making the mess, tho.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Based on what little I can find on them, the microbeads are likely polyethylene. If not, they're probably polypropylene or maybe (not likely) Nylon. In any event, they're not going to swell; unless they manage to form some sort of a bridge in the gut, they shouldn't cause an obstruction. Put some in a glass of water; if they float, they're polypropylene. Some might be foamed plastic, so other types of plastic might float, too.

Leave them in the glass overnight. If they don't swell, I can't see how they'd cause a problem. Provided they're plain plastic, they shouldn't cause any reason for concern.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Thank you for the replies. They do float...the water bowl was full of them. I called E-Vet...they say just watch her. :blush

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Should pass thru just fine. Should be some interesting poopies next few days. Maybe we will get a picture?

(just trying to make you giggle after what must have been a ... well, TRYING ... evening)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Based on what little I can find on them, the microbeads are likely polyethylene. If not, they're probably polypropylene or maybe (not likely) Nylon. In any event, they're not going to swell; unless they manage to form some sort of a bridge in the gut, they shouldn't cause an obstruction. Put some in a glass of water; if they float, they're polypropylene. Some might be foamed plastic, so other types of plastic might float, too.

Leave them in the glass overnight. If they don't swell, I can't see how they'd cause a problem. Provided they're plain plastic, they shouldn't cause any reason for concern.

Good idea.

Please let us know how she is doing. She should have some "interestingly" colored poops!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Seconding the request for Pave' Polyethylene Poop Pictures please. :)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thanks everyone. She is sleeping as I clean...and clean...and clean...and yes it was Pavé...she is baby gated in the kitchen and family room when we leave the house. :blush

Usethisone.jpg

Thats ma GIRL!!!!!

Patti - Paybacks are a bitch as they say. Thats what you get for posting that wonderfully undignified picture of Miss Pave' Marias turkey coma.

Love,

Auntie Leslie

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest BleusysMom

My friend says her dog got into a beanbag....with the same results of magnetic beans hanging EVERYWHERE.....in time they will start to drop down......

Kiss your little MONSTER!!!!!!!!

Ugh....this girl...I swear! She's feeling ok...however...her eyes are full of those beads...I keep flushing her eyes with saline...I hope she does not get an abrasion....I am really worried about her eyes. :blush

Usethisone.jpg

OMG! That is a nightmare. We have a couple of those pillows, and I've always wondered how hideous it would be if the dogs ripped one open. I will take your word that I don't EVER want that to happen. Those little bitty things have a life of their own, don't they? I feel bad that she got so many of them into her eyes. But...do you think it taught her a lesson? I'm thinking....no.

Pave, you are darling, but you're going to make your Mom crazy!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FrostyBottoms

Oh thats so funny....just this morning Vinny got ahold of dd's micro bead pillow....but I was home when it happened and I took it from him.....he was really shaking that thing....I could see how Pavé would think it was fun :offwall :offwall :offwall

:eek Paaaaaaaaaveeeeeeeeeeeeeee'! :shakefinger :shakefinger :shakefinger

Hope she's ok! Let us know how things turn out... :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thanks all! Well....our poop has white balls in it...and I just got another ball out of her eye...Her eyes are no longer red...I flushed them out with BSS and put in a couple of antibiotic eye drops. Heck no...she has not learned any lessons...she has been HE77 on wheels all day today...Sigh..........

Usethisone.jpg

How is she today?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thanks all...eyes are good...poops still decorated. :rolleyes:

Usethisone.jpg

Oh my gosh, I have lived a smaller version of this! Clay got one of the kids animal critters that had (definetely past tense) those microbeads. I chased that naughty hound everywhere trying to get my son's favorite frog but Clay was not giving it up. Meanwhile, those microbeads were being spread throughout the house! I did eventually retrieve Mr Frog's remains. The cleanup was unreal..... Glad to hear Pave is doing fine. Bet you will continue finding those beads for quite some time.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I'm so glad that her eyes are doing better!

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.