Bodie's Final Journey

Guest Bodie

Bodie has given up eating and will only drink Ensure. He no longer can get up or lie down without assistance. It is time for him to make his final journey to the bridge. The vet is coming to our house tomorrow afternoon and we will all be with him to help him make his journey. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers that his passage will be easy.

As for the whippet - I've decided the whippet was a gift to Bodie and me. To Bodie, it gave him joy to be able to run and chase again and to me, it gave the joy of watching him do it.

Please look for Bodie's Remembrance in the coming days. I thank all of you for your support. I couldn't have made it through this without you.

Rhonda

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing peace and comfort for both of you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry. Praying for a peaceful journey to the Bridge, and prayers of comfort for you and your family.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest greytbookert

I'm so sorry!

Having had to make "the" decision recently, I know how hard it is but know in your heart that this is the ultimate act of love even though it may not feel like it.

Run free sweet Bodie!

Holding you and Bodie close. May his passing be peaceful.

:hope

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I am so sorry. :grouphug May Bodie's last day here be peaceful. Please tell him that tomorrow he will be running on all four~playing with our Angels who await his homecoming. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

How loving of you to arrange to have your vet come to the house. Bodie will be comfortable and relaxed, surrounded by his loving family. May his journey be swift and gentle. Asking my Bridge kids to be on the lookout for your sweet boy and welcome him home. :heart:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest SoulsMom

I'm so sorry. There really are no words, but please know that we are here for you. Peace and love to your family, and of course sweet Bodie :grouphug

Hugs, love & peace to you during this most difficult time.

I know there are just no words. Just know that you are and have been in so many prayers and good wishes for so long.

God Speed Bodie.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest tobinhr

Mac will be there!

It is truly the greatest gift we can give them--the ultimate healing. It's hard, but I know Mac is doing GREYT things at the Bridge.

PM me if you need to!

Jan