Peppers Had A Bad Accident

Could ask the kind folk on greytalk for some kind thoughts and healing prayers please,as my boy pepper as been in an accident with a car.i am hating myself at the present time for walking pep for letting pep off leash,and for puttin my boy through so much pain.we went for our evening walk upon the east hill as we allways do it started to rain so we headed back ,there was a big clap of thunder,pep got spooked and bolted,he was not stopping for anything :weep ,as i was running down the steps i was fearing the worst,by the time i got to the maine road pepper was sitting at a bench outside the a pub with a crowd of people around him,we rushed pep to the vets, the vets examined him and we think at the moment its just lots of bruising cuts and abrasions,the vet gave painkillers anti biotic antinflamatory,we take pep back tomorrow. at the moment he is resting,and i am beside myself, and feeling dreadful and hating and kicking myself.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

I hope Pepper will recover quickly.

Hugs to you both!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Keep a close eye on him, if he acts strangely at all, don't hesitate to rush him to an emergency vet for xrays & such. Hope it's minor. :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Healing thoughts and prayers for you and Pepper - concentrate on getting him better and stop beating up on yourself. I agree with watching for signs that he is off in any way and if so, take him in quickly. Just like with humans, concussions or other traumas may not show till later. Keeping him in our thoughts and prayers. Sending very gentle hugs and scritches.

What an awful experience for both of you. Lots of prayers coming from us. As others have already said, don't beat yourself up, trust me...it doesn't help!! Please keep us posted if you will

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Hugs :bighug and prayers :hope to you and Pepper for a speedy recovery.

Edited by k9fun

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Guest GiJenn51

Lots of prayers coming to you. Hopefully he'll heal up with no complications. If you can get some arnica gel- use it for bruising and soreness.

Sending best wishes for Pepper and you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

One of my boys got loose in a storm and was hit by a car, too. He was fine, but the vet did an x-ray to check for internal injuries. If it's within your budget, you might want to ask for an x-ray just to make sure. Keeping Pepper in my prayers.

Guest LadyChester

Hoping Pepper is doing better and will be just fine. Try not to beat yourself up ... no one is perfect and we all do the best we can.

Oh no! :ohno Sending lots of good thoughts for Pepper. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :candle

Please keep us posted!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.