Peppers Had A Bad Accident

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tHANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND THOUGHTS. we went to the vets 3.pm peppers still very sore the vet is satisfied that all the damage is superficial,cuts and grazes on legs back,and a very nasty one on peps tail,the vet was concerned that it might be broken, but on closer inspection he thinks notso fingers crossed

pep got away fairly lightly,pep has taken a little food and water todayand seems bright .he is on metacam and noroclav for the next ten days and

plenty of bed rest. the wound on the tail concerns us most,the vet says he could not possibly stitch but to bathe the wounds

thanks again for all of your prayers and kind thoughts.

Guest siamanti

Hi Peter,

I am so sorry to hear about Peppers accident. I am glad that he seems to have only superficial injuries. I heard that thunder last night and it freaked my dogs as well. Don't beat yourself up about it though, it was just a freak incident and there is nothing you could have done. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Pepper will be back to his old self in no time!

All the best for now!

Siamanti

Hi Peter, So sorry to hear about Pepper's accident. Glad to hear that he is doing okay, sending best wishes to him and you all from me and Sadi and also from Ben and his Puppers....Get well soon Pep.

btw. Don't beat yourself up Peter, accidents happen and if there is anything I can do you know where I am.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I'm glad Pepper's feeling better today. And everyone is right, don't beat yourself up, these things can happen to anyone. :grouphug

Is Buster playing nursemaid? :)

I noticed your sig, is there a senior grey rescue in VA? I am unable to PM you but you can contact me britral@yahoo

anne

Thinking about you guys, I hope Pepper had a good night.

So glad to hear the good news on Pepper - hope he's up and playing soon. Will keep you in our prayers that the tail heals just fine too. Hugs and scritches.

Hi Peter, So sorry to hear about Pepper's accident. Glad to hear that he is doing okay, sending best wishes to him and you all from me and Sadi and also from Ben and his Puppers....Get well soon Pep.

btw. Don't beat yourself up Peter, accidents happen and if there is anything I can do you know where I am.

Thanks ,mel. i will keep updating,at the moment we are keeping a watchful eye on pep, he is bright ,but resting i shall be bathing the wounds shortly. the car did`nt stop,people say pep was going hell for leather .i am still angry with me, idiot stupid irresponsible ,fool.

I'm glad Pepper's feeling better today. And everyone is right, don't beat yourself up, these things can happen to anyone. :grouphug

Is Buster playing nursemaid? :) Yes you are right buster is trying to play nursemaid much to peppers annoyance.and where wounds are weeping on the covers ,pep gets off buster gets on to inspect,and pepper wont get back on because his bed is "dirty" :rolleyes:

Well now that I'm getting good news about Pepper, I wanted to let you know I've booked Pipi-Francine's waver runner for a trip to England this weekend with my big purse. Keep your doors locked. I'm kidding...:hehe

This is very good news....

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so glad that Pepper is feeling better and that Buster is being such a good nursemaid. I hope that Pepper and you feel much better very soon. :grouphug

Well now that I'm getting good news about Pepper, I wanted to let you know I've booked Pipi-Francine's waver runner for a trip to England this weekend with my big purse. Keep your doors locked. I'm kidding...:hehe

This is very good news....

Thanks hil now its all about healing,and resting buster is looking after his big bro,peps been off his food which is understandable, we put their food down in the kitchen, and i think buster say to pep if you dont eat it i will and it seems to work pep goes to the kitchen and eats his food :rolleyes:

i'm glad pepper's feeling better, and stop beating yourself up, ok? :shakefinger many of us have stupidly tried the same thing; we were just lucky that nothing terrible happened. all that really matters is that Pepper's improving :).

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Things that can help Pep eat:

tinned sardines or tuna (even just using the water in the tin to coat the kibble)

Canned Tripe

scrambled eggs

Get well soon Pep! When I had to bathe Spud's wounds, I used watered down betadine in a hair color applicator. Just did it in the bathroom or outside because it stains.

Glad to hear Pepper is doing better today. Try to not beat yourself up. I have been there too but luckily she didn't go anywhere ....but she was definitely uneasy and spooked. I now do not take her out when there is a storm looming. Accidents happen and luckily this one wasn't more serious. Hope Pepper is feeling better in the morning. :grouphug