Bodie Is Losing His Battle

Guest Bodie

After a 16 month battle with osteosarcoma, Bodie's health is starting to dramatically decline. He no longer wants to get up and he has virtually stopped eating except for cheese and Burpdog biscuits. I can sense that he will shortly be making his final journey to the bridge.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. My daughter wants to come home from college this weekend to say her final goodbyes and we hope he will hang on until then.

It is so hard watching him leave us by inches...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. You and Bodie have fought so bravely together against the monster. It's so hard to see your precious boy stolen away from you. But I know you will cherish this time together, and be there for him when it's time to say good-bye.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest greytbookert

I'm so sorry. This time is so difficult, just having gone through a similar situation with our Mama Ro. Her's wasn't cancer, but kidney failure. It is so hard to watch our babies waste away to a disease that we can't control.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm sorry. You and your best boy will be in my prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh God. I am so upset to see this. I know how hard and how far you have come. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending comforting thoughts for you both :grouphug

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I am so sorry to read this. Bodie has been an inspiration to us all. Warm thoughts and hugs for you all.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Comforting thoughts and prayers for all of you. Bodie has been such an inspiration to so many.

Hugs

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest greytmonty

Rhonda and Lew, my heart is absolutely breaking for you. Bodie is so wonderful and so loved by you. He has had a hard battle and he has fought it so well.

Hugs from Philly.

I am so grateful we got to meet Bodie at Dewey.