Donate To Greytalk

Now, well into its third year of operation, Greytalk has an established web presence. We have recently moved to a new server with a much higher associated cost to continue keeping Greytalk a fast, fun and enjoyable place to learn, share, and just plain have fun. Until now, I have taken on the sole burden of all costs. If you feel Greytalk has ever given you something to think about, saved you a trip to the vet, saved you money on food, toys, or helped you sell your own product, I'd like to ask that you please think about making a donation. I try to think of Greytalk as a magazine or an online digest. If you feel the same, please think about making a “subscription” donation.

I have made 2 new links on the forum. There is a button at the bottom of the main page and another within the My Controls > Purchase Paid Subscriptions area. They will take you to another information page which you can see * HERE * , after which, you can make a decision whether you would like to make a donation.

There are no set donation amounts since I realize everyone has different and ever changing financial situations. Donate as little or as much as you feel comfortable with. We have had a range from $5 through several hundred dollars.

Thank You,

Jeff Rosenberg

Greytalk.com

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm real new here but think I have learned a lot in the past week. I think it is the best greyhound information online. I just sent what I could through PayPal. If everybody does the same I think we can go on.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this site.

Bill

Anything for you Big Guy!! ;):lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I sent a donation in the amount that I would normally pay for a magazine subscription, but I sure get a lot more information and enjoyment per month out of Greytalk. Thanks Jeff!

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

gave my pittance. Hope it helps. :)

If I win the lotto, you'll get more, I promise. :lol

Edited by gabc

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I just sent something via Paypal. Wish it could have been more...Greytalk has been invaluable!!!

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Thanks everyone, we are doing very well. 13 donations so far, with another 7 people requesting information for snail mail. I won’t mention any names to keep it anonymous for those who wish to remain anon, but thank you all very much.

hey, Jeff --

Can you give us an idea of what the monthly costs *are* ? I'm just curious.

Edited by gabc

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

hey, Jeff --

Can you give us an idea of what the monthly costs *are* ? I'm just curious.

The reoccurring server fee is $106 per month. The domain name is about $12 per year. Moving to the new server we used $300 in consulting costs, with about another $70 planned next month for a PHP and MySQL upgrade.

thanks! it's as bad as owning a grey, isn't it? Does the new server have a fancy collar yet? :lol

Guest cindysmom

Jeff, don't have my wallet with me at this moment, but will send in something tomorrow morning, after I pay bills. Will do what I can. Thank you soooooo much for this site. You and the "girls" all do such a wonderful job, and besides probably getting myself in trouble with my work :P because I'm always flipping over here, I get so much information and some fantastic from-the-gut laughs.

You all are fantastic. Okay, enough goobering, must eat dinner. :thumbs-up

Hope it helps a bit Jeff. Using the paypal link was a great idea, solves the problem of currency transfer for us Canucks.

Thanx as always for all your hard work.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.