Miles...

Guest lauri

Miles left us this morning after a short but hard illness that we won't ever know for sure what it was.

I was right in my decision, as his heart was getting ready to go Dr. Diana said. And his big 'D' on the floor was filled with blood - he had let some go after the injection, and the doc said it was for sure blood. But he went peacefully in my lap.

And I realize now that the last couple of weeks he kind of withdrew himself from us besides the basic needs - food, water, and going out to potty. I'm wondering if it was his way of getting us used to him not being here, as it has been like he hasn't been present lately.

So I'm comfortable. Sad...but comfortable.

With that said, Miles was the biggest brightest spot in our lives the last almost 6 years. He was always the happiest boy, not a stress in the world for him. Couldn't have been a better pick for him or us - he just fit right in from day one.

Miles' life was filled with running, playing, smiling, talking, and schnuggling. Very much the spoiled only child; he let us know he wanted it that way! He loved life and he loved his people and will be missed by many.

I know when we're ready, Miles will send us the right homeless Grey. Between he and my husband, who fell for him INSTANLY, we'll be set. But for now we'll just mourn a bit and celebrate the good times we've had with the 'Best Doggie In The World'!

We love you Miles!

Mom, Dad, and Sissy

05/1999 - 10/2008

Hey.jpg

Edited by lauri

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding you close :grouphug

Miles, run free, whole and healthy with the angels.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Oh Lauri, I'm so very sorry. I so hoped that Miles would improve. You certainly tried everything you could. Emmy and many others have greeted him at the bridge by now. My heart goes out to you and your DH as you grieve for you wonderful Miles. Godspeed sweetheart. You were definitely loved.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I have been following your other thread and am so sorry that it could not have had a better ending. I truly admire your strength to follow through on the hardest decision. My thoughts are with you and your family. Run free Miles.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

lauri, i'm sorry to read about miles' passing. i'm glad i got the opportunity to take a few pics of him at solvang this year.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Dear Lauri,

I am so very sorry for you loss.

Miles is smiling down upon you thanking you for the wonderful life you gave him.

Godspeed Miles, you are greytly missed.

:f_red:gh_runner:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

I'm really sorry Lauri :grouphug

Sleep tight Miles :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest PhillyPups

Lauri,

:bighug to you and Mike ~ I am so very sorry for your loss, and know there are no words that can help or heal, if there were I would be spaying them to you ~ :bighug

Run with the angels Miles, you are with some of the best ever

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. :grouphug

Godspeed, sweet Miles.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Lauri, I was so hoping not to see this post. I am so terribly sorry. :(:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

{{{{{{{{{{Lauri & DH}}}}}}}}}}

He had a beautiful life with you, full of love.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Run free from pain Miles, you are in such good company with many angels. Watch over your mom and dad. Laurie, I'm so sorry this battle couldn't be won :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest jettcricket

What a beautiful boy....look at that smile. He'd capture anyone's heart. I'm so sorry....that is their only fault. They are never here long enough. f_yellow

I am so sorry. :grouphug I kept praying that your sweet little man would improve. My sympathy and prayers. :grouphug Rumor has it~Angel Miles is running with the wind...and has already found all the cookies and comfy clouds. He will watch over and wait patiently for you at the Bridge. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.