Brooke Needs Prayers!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More good thoughts coming yours and Brooke's way. Hang in there Brooke, you'll get better!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PhillyPups

Just checking to see if there is any more news since last night. Denise, please know we are all here for you and any help we can give, just let us know. :bighug to you and :kiss2 for Brooke.

I called first thing this morning and they said, "Your baby is awake, calm, laying on her blanket watching everything going on."

Awww, Boogers you're such a good girl. Momma loves you!! :wub:

I'll be heading into Memphis in about an hour to give her some lovins!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest PhillyPups
I called first thing this morning and they said, "Your baby is awake, calm, laying on her blanket watching everything going on."

Awww, Boogers you're such a good girl. Momma loves you!! :wub:

I'll be heading into Memphis in about an hour to give her some lovins!

Thank you for the pupdate. Denise, please take a big vehicle, cuase it will be full of love and prayers for you and Brooke :bighug

Denise, I just saw this. I know how special Brooke is to you. Isn't she Wanda's daughter? And, Wanda was your heart.

Praying that everything works out okay.

Will be thinking about you.

/n

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Thank you so much everyone!!!

I spent the day at the vet with Brooke. I peaked thru the window into the kennel area and saw Brooke lying on her side on a blanket, as soon as I opened the door her tail started wagging and she started pawing the air...she does that when she wants her tummy rubbed. She gave me kisses and I gave her a tummy rub and a good massage.

I spent 2 hours with her in her kennel then took a break and got a iced latte at Sonic. I forgot to tell them "no whipcream". Whipcream doesn't belong in coffee. :rolleyes: Took my drink and went back to Brooke...Brooke got my whipcream! She's not eating and I couldn't get her to eat anything today...but she ate the whipcream. The girls said maybe they should get a can Redi-Whip and spray it on her food. :lol After Brooke had her whip cream I gave more tummy rubs, more massages, she gave more kisses and after 5 hours I left her sleeping soundly.

Brooke has an incision that starts just below the hip bone and goes almost to the knee. She's bruised and a little swollen...I was not prepared for the length of that incision. I spoke briefly with the vet and saw the xrays with the hardware in her leg. He said the inside of her leg look like a grenade went off in there, and there is a lot of damage. He has several concerns...1) her age. 2) there is so much damage he's worried about circulation in the leg. 3) the lower part of the femur was soft and he had to use large threaded screws to get the plate to hold tight...the xray looked like she had big wood screws in there.

I asked if he sent a bone sample out for testing and he said, "No". He said that it would take 3 weeks to get the results back and he would know before then just by the way the leg heals. I have to trust that he knows what he's doing, though I did tell him I wished he had sent a sample out.

So that's it for today. I'm exhausted and I'm still trying to pencil in a time to have a major meltdown...just haven't found the time yet. :blink:

PhillyPups...I didn't take the "big vehicle" today...I took the "fast one". All those prayers and love got to Brooke super fast, Corvette style. Thank you so much!

Everyone's support means so much to me...it's sometimes hard for me to ask for help. I'm the go-to person, not the the other way around and it means a lot to have you all here.

Thank you

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Sometimes, not having that time for a major meltdown can work in your favor. Brooke remains in our prayers as do you for the strength while you go through all this

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Continued thoughts and prayers

Oh and on that meltdown, there will be plenty of time for that later, right now it's just "function"

Glad you were able to see your girl today and sounds like she was quite happy to see you :wub:

:grouphug :grouphug

I just returned from my Sat. morning visit with Brooke. She's not doing very good today. I got there and she was laying on wet peed on blankets, she hasn't eaten since when I fed her Wed. night and blood is pooling around her hock and now she's oozing blood from areas no where near her incision: down in the hock where the blood is settling. Her leg is swollen and a big mass of bruises.

I got the vet tech to help me get her up and onto a clean bed, I had brought her one yesterday and brought her another one today. I got the vet to look at the oozing and he asked me if she ate yesterday for me..I said, "No! And she's not eating for me today either!" We got her onto a stretcher and started her on IV fluids, gave her a B-12 shot and torbo for pain. I tucked her in before I left. It was so hard for me to leave her today! She was laying in a puddle of pee yesterday also!

The office is closed tomorrow, so I can't go visit or change her bedding :angry: , but I'll be there first thing Mon. morning. and if she's laying on wet blankets again I might lose it!!

The vet is still concerned she might lose her leg and he keeps bringing it up...like he's preparing me for the worse. If she improves then she might be able to come home Wed. if not, we take it one day at a time.

Please keep Brooke in your thoughts. It's so hard to see her this way, and she still has a long, long road ahead of her.

Thanks

Oh Denise! I was so hoping for better news. You know you are all in our prayers and if you need anything, you give me a call! It was nice seeing you this morning. I hope the hugs helped.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I just returned from my Sat. morning visit with Brooke. She's not doing very good today. I got there and she was laying on wet peed on blankets, she hasn't eaten since when I fed her Wed. night and blood is pooling around her hock and now she's oozing blood from areas no where near her incision: down in the hock where the blood is settling. Her leg is swollen and a big mass of bruises.

I got the vet tech to help me get her up and onto a clean bed, I had brought her one yesterday and brought her another one today. I got the vet to look at the oozing and he asked me if she ate yesterday for me..I said, "No! And she's not eating for me today either!" We got her onto a stretcher and started her on IV fluids, gave her a B-12 shot and torbo for pain. I tucked her in before I left. It was so hard for me to leave her today! She was laying in a puddle of pee yesterday also!

The office is closed tomorrow, so I can't go visit or change her bedding :angry: , but I'll be there first thing Mon. morning. and if she's laying on wet blankets again I might lose it!!

The vet is still concerned she might lose her leg and he keeps bringing it up...like he's preparing me for the worse. If she improves then she might be able to come home Wed. if not, we take it one day at a time.

Please keep Brooke in your thoughts. It's so hard to see her this way, and she still has a long, long road ahead of her.

Thanks

I'm so sorry that your Brooke got hurt. I know it must be breaking your heart to have to leave her and not be able to check in on her Sunday. I'm overwhelmed by sadness for both you and her. Special wishes that she heals enough to go home soon.

Judy,

Mom to Nadir, Beanie, Bruiser,

and foster Jolly Mon

Oh Denise! I was so hoping for better news. You know you are all in our prayers and if you need anything, you give me a call! It was nice seeing you this morning. I hope the hugs helped.

The hugs were just what I needed. Thank you!

I hope my boy is behaving himself, or has Jilly Bean already had him for lunch? :lol

Oh, how miserable!! Poor thing! It's bad enough without having to lie in her own pee! That'll start to really burn soon, too. Hopefully you shook them into attention about that!

Your girl (and YOU) is (are) and will stay in my thoughts. (Man, that turned out to be a messy sentence! :P ) Remembering if it comes to that, that a 3 legged dog is a living dog, and so often a happy dog!

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I hope my boy is behaving himself, or has Jilly Bean already had him for lunch? :lol

He walked in, sniffed Jilly Bean, she sniffed him and he walked away. Not even a tiny growl out of Jilly Bean!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee