Very Urgent Prayers For Cofax - Emergency Surgery Needed Tomorrow

2NOFLEAS

Yesterday she was her happy bouncy self - yoyo pup as I call her. My brother and his wife were over and Ruth, Cofax, and myself walked with the next door neighbor and her two kids after a visit with her Boyfriend Sam and a wrestle with his Dad. At 4am she woke up and just about ran out of the bedroom calling me to take her out. We did our thing but when she came back in, she couldn't get comfortable again. She ate her normal breakfast, but every time she tried to put herself down someplace - she couldn't get comfortable. She would pace, then started to pant and her heart seemed fast. So by 8am we were at the vet. He and I both thought maybe a reaction because I missed a few days of her clomicalm so he took a urine test to be set out for the problem with her bladder (to test for cancer) and sent us home with Clomicalm. By noon- she was getting worse. We went out to do our thing and she had watery poop. Came in - tried to give her a cookie - and she didn't eat it - instead everything else came up - including what seemed like last night's dinner - undigested. Within 20mins we were in the vet's again. The did x-ray, bloodwork, urine test, and sonagram. Bloodwork was all normal, urine test showed a very slight increase in the one emzyme that is usally present with a tumor or cancer - very slight and might have been left alone if it weren't for what they saw on the x-ray and confirmed with the sonagram. A large dense mass. that wasn't there 3 weeks ago on the bladder/heart sonagrams. Here's what they wrote: Liver normal size, Gall bladder is moderately distended with anechoic bile. Spleen unremarkable. so to the kidneys. Adrenal glands - not imaged. Generalized increase in the echogenicity in the tissues (presumably omentum/mesentery) of the mid-abdomen within this area are multiple prominent lymph nodes, a colon and cecum full of fluid ingesta and a thickened and corregated ileum without identifiable peristaltic activity. There is an amorphous, complex, echogenic structure within the ileum. I am not convinced it is a foreign body. There is a small amount of loculated fluid in this region as well. Elsewhere in the abdomen, there are segments of small bowl with mildly thickened and anechoic mucosal layers and different bowel widths. A distinct mass or foreign object is not imaged. The stomach was not imaged. The pancreas was not convincingly imaged.

Possible causes include: foreign object injested

infiltrative disease such as lymphoma

inflamatory bowl disease

infection.

Biopsy is most helpful to arrive at definite diagnosis - need surgery to obtain tissue sample.

So - tomorrow she will be in for exploritory surgery - time - unknown-

Please say lots of prayers for her and us to be strong for her.

She's there tonight at the hospital in Orchard Park, NY on fluids - so she doesn't dehydrate. Dr. L. Mark Hedges with do the surgery. Both Dr. Brummers took care of her this afternoon and this evening.

I just don't know what else to do except to pray. :weep:candle:hope Has anyone else had any experiences like this?

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, jeez. All the best for you and Cofax. Hopefully all will go well with the surgery. Hugs for you too.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:( :( :(

Sending the biggest fattest hugs there are for you, and heartfealt prayers for your beloved girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You have our prayers. Hang in there.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Tina- I am so sorry to hear this. She is in good hands and you know WE all will be praying (and chanting) for Cofax.

Hugs to you and gentle scritches to your baby when she comes home.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

T, I know how sick you are over this right now. Please take a breath and know that we all will be praying for that little doll! She has a BIG fan club in this house.We'll light a candle for her in the morning and be thinking about her until we hear from you. And don't forget, she has some very special angels watching over her

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Best wishes for your girl tomorrow. :hope

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm sending lots and lots of good thoughts. Please let us know how things go. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending prayers for Cofax. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I wish she knew how to read - so she could see all your wishes, thoughts and prayers. Thank you. I'll do my best to keep you updated.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

Sending prayers and white light for your sweet baby girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Cofax, you and the rest of your family are in my thoughts :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I just went through three days of the most agony ever waiting on the results to see if my girl had lymphoma. She was diagnosed the histoplasmosis which is pretty serious as well.

I know what your feeling and I prayed to St. Francis as I kept a picture of my girl with me. Maybe were all not religious but St. Francis listens to our help for our sink and injured animals.

We will include Cofax in our nightly prayers to St. Francis. My girl has a long road ahead to. Blessings to you and your sweet hound.

I just went through three days of the most agony ever waiting on the results to see if my girl had lymphoma. She was diagnosed the histoplasmosis which is pretty serious as well.

I know what your feeling and I prayed to St. Francis as I kept a picture of my girl with me. Maybe were all not religious but St. Francis listens to our help for our sink and injured animals.

We will include Cofax in our nightly prayers to St. Francis. My girl has a long road ahead to. Blessings to you and your sweet hound.

Hugs and paws in prayers for you and everyone too............. we have a very large family from all over the world - this greyhound family........... it's always good to know we're never alone.