Really Need Good Thoughts And Prayers For Bonnie Twist

Guest K9Cookies

As most of you GTers know, Bonnie has been battling lymphoma for more than seven months. We've been consulting with Dr. Couto regarding treatment protocols and medications. The past several months Bonnie has been getting weekly injections of vincristine and then Leukeran every other week. Our vet has noticed fluctuations in Bonnie's lymph nodes for the past month, meaning she may be coming out of remission. This past week, things were better so the plan was to just keep doing the same routine because she's been handling it so well.

Now the really bad news...the past 3 days, her lymph nodes are WAY up. :cry1

Today they are bigger than I've ever felt before. :( I emailed our vet earlier today (he is out of town) and got a response back already. He's been consulting with Dr. Couto all week about a back-up protocol in case we needed it. Well, no doubt about it, we're going to need it.

I am very anxious to hear what the back-up protocol involves, exactly. The "rescue"/"last resort" chemo is usually CCNU. If that's the medication that she'll be starting, my heart will absolutely break in two. :(

Please, keep Bonnie in your thoughts and prayers the next few days. This, by far, has been the worst "bump in the road" when it comes to her lymph nodes. She's been eating great and acting normal...even a little crazy, just like the other two. Must be the cooler weather, I guess. For sure, we have a scheduled vet appointment for chemo this coming Tuesday, but if our vet thinks it's needed, we'll take her in tomorrow (Friday) too.

D*mn cancer. WE ALL HATE YOU! :angryfire Why are you robbing us of our little girl and so many others??? :cry1

Edited by KRKWMU

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Kristin, I wish I had something comforting to say. You know how special Bonnie is to me and she is always tucked in my prayers. I will be sure to light a special candle for her for the very best outcome.You and DH are in my prayers as well. I love that little girl!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending millions and billions of hugs for you and your beautiful girl. Keep us posted, OK? And give her some nice scritchies from me.

Batman had an oral dose of CCNU because in some few dogs, it can very very briefly shrink malignant histiocytosis masses. FWIW, the drug itself had no tangible effect -- didn't harm his appetite, didn't give him the runs. It *did* toast his white count. I chose not to give him further doses because it really isn't a very useful therapy for the type of cancer he had, and because the antibiotics given for low white count made him sick.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. I know how you are feeling...we went down that road also. Sending prayers this is just a bump in the road. :grouphug An Angel watches over. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, God. Some things are just so hard to read---this is one of them. I'm just one of the many who have been encouraged by Bonnie's improvement, worried about those "bumps in the road", and filled with admiration for her brave spirit. I so wish that I had some magic words for you, Kristin. I guess all we can do is let you know that you and Bonnie are in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm very sorry to hear that her nodes are enlarged again. :( She's such a trooper with a strong will to live. Sending your baby girl loads of loving light and prayers to keep up the good fight, and many hugs to you. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Kristin, I have had a special place in my heart for you and Bonnie through this whole time. Gabriel had lymphoma as well as a host of other icky things. The fight and the worry are hard.

I hope the very best for Bonnie. I hope that lump in your throat and that sick feeling in your stomach get to go away. I hope the two of you will enjoy each other for a long time to come.

My prayers are with you both.

Our thoughts are with you as well. We're praying Bonnie comes back strong.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jettcricket

I know how incredibly hard it is Kristin, but try to keep the faith. We have too....for our babies sake. I will be praying for God to give you and your DH the strength that you will need and for Bonnie too.

Sending you great big hugs..... :grouphug