Please Think Good Thoughts For Dusty

DustysMom

About two weeks ago, Dusty happened to be looking up at DH as he was petting him outside in the bright light. DH noticed something under Dusty's eyelid because of the angle. It's not a single lump, it's a cluster of lumps together (if that makes sense) the same color as his dark eyeliner just tucked up under his lid. Since we were going to the vet that day for heartworm testing, I had him look at Dusty's eye. He said that it was an "unusual location" for "it" and it needed to come off (out).

Dusty is scheduled for his annual tooth cleaning on Monday so we decided to do the eye thingy at the same time. It seems to have grown larger rather quickly and I'm freaking out. I know the vet can't tell me what the surgery entails until he gets in there (and whether it's malignant or not). I can't tell how big it is going back further under the lid either. I'm really scared about what it is and what the surgery will entail. As a little extra bonus, Dusty can't wear an e-collar (it freaks him out like crazy) and I don't know if the Bite-Not Collar will be sufficient.

Hopefully it will be good news on Monday. Who knew to check under eye lids :blink:

We'll have Dusty in our prayers for sure. I know what you mean about the e-collar, and the bite-not will probably not be of any help. You may want to ask your vet if socks would be sufficient so he can't irritate the area with his nails.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I hope Dusty comes through his surgery with flying colors! The dog we had when I was growing up developed a wart on the underside of his eyelid. It sounds like Dusty's may be similar. I remember that the vet said he would cut a triangle of the eyelid out and sew remaining sides together. Rusty recovered quickly and had no further problems. :)

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Sending my prayers that this is a nothing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending more prayers and white light today. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.