Please Keep Misty In Your Thoughts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even imagine how much that must hurt. Is she on pain meds? I'd do tramadol & an NSAID for at least a few days. I hope she feels better soon... :kiss2

Oh yes, she's on as much Tramadol as she needs, but can't do NSAID's as Misty has kidney disease. Some will say a few days on NSAID's won't hurt but I can't take that chance

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest charmsmom

Me too!! Poor, poor Misty!! :kiss2 Diamond sends her love....she...we4rre==af

Dimond heer. Misty, do KNOT choo at yur feets becuz den yoo habs to ware dat stoopid muzzel for dayz and dayz. It iz KNOT fun and aduiouf

Diamond, I thank you for not kicking me off my computer. Misty, don't chew at your feet, honey, okay? :wub:

Guest ShelbyzMom

I think Misty needs DOUBLE ice cream for her pain :nod :nod

Shelby says if you come to our house she'll split the brand new 1/2 gallon of blue bell french vanilla that's in the freezer :P

Me too!! Poor, poor Misty!! :kiss2 Diamond sends her love....she...we4rre==af

Dimond heer. Misty, do KNOT choo at yur feets becuz den yoo habs to ware dat stoopid muzzel for dayz and dayz. It iz KNOT fun and aduiouf

Diamond, I thank you for not kicking me off my computer. Misty, don't chew at your feet, honey, okay? :wub:

:kiss2 For the beautiful Miss Diamond! Misty won't "choo" her bandages, she's good about that. Good thing because I would hate to have to muzzle her on top of all of this. I am whimping out and taking her in this afternoon to see if they'll cut the bandages off. She has not moved off her bed since 9:00 last night.

I think Misty needs DOUBLE ice cream for her pain :nod :nod

Shelby says if you come to our house she'll split the brand new 1/2 gallon of blue bell french vanilla that's in the freezer :P

Kim, Misty is on her way over....if she ever gets up that is :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Guest PhillyPups

Deerest Misty,

We tinks dat you needs to stick out your paw (deys beein looking a bits bigger wit dem bandages on dem) and hitch a ride to Philly ~ we wud bees waitin wit Cheesesteaks and an Ice Cream truck just fur you. In fax we ken send da ice cream truck to pix you up and you can chill on da way outs here.

Lub ~

Yur fiends ~

Da PhantasticPhillyPups ~

Deerest Misty,

We tinks dat you needs to stick out your paw (deys beein looking a bits bigger wit dem bandages on dem) and hitch a ride to Philly ~ we wud bees waitin wit Cheesesteaks and an Ice Cream truck just fur you. In fax we ken send da ice cream truck to pix you up and you can chill on da way outs here.

Lub ~

Yur fiends ~

Da PhantasticPhillyPups ~

:lol Oh Misty knows all about that ice cream truck you have. And stop talking about cheesesteaks...you make me hungry and you don't even want to see California's idea of a Philly cheesesteak

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Oh no! Poor Misty! Poor Claudia! How long with the bandages need to be on? How is she holding up? Poor baby, I hope she gets some relief soon so she can start ruling the roost properly again!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Oh no! Poor Misty! Poor Claudia! How long with the bandages need to be on? How is she holding up? Poor baby, I hope she gets some relief soon so she can start ruling the roost properly again!

Just got off the phone with the vet. Misty's thyroid level is right where we want it. He's agreed to cut the bandages off this afternoon which I know will make her feel better.Connie, she is milking this for all it's worth :lol Wayne wants to say hi to his buddy Carl :wave

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Just got off the phone with the vet. Misty's thyroid level is right where we want it. He's agreed to cut the bandages off this afternoon which I know will make her feel better.Connie, she is milking this for all it's worth :lol Wayne wants to say hi to his buddy Carl :wave

I'm glad to hear Misty's thyroid is good - whew, one worry off the table. Good luck with her bandages coming off. You DO know why she's been laying on her bed, don't you? She is waiting for you to fan her with palm fronds, of course.

Carl says "Hey Wayne!" :thumbs-up He advises that Misty and Wayne really do need lots of ice cream to get through this trying ordeal. Hey, wait, now Carl is telling me that he needs ice cream, too! I smell a conspiracy....or a frozen drumstick?!

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Misty, baby Girl, I am so Happy that your test results came back good and you are getting your bandages off!!!!!! :colgate:yay :yay :yay

I hope that you start to feel batter real soon, Sophie has also had a cut on her leg, but she would not stop licking it, please be a good baby for mommy and you will feel better soon, tell mommy to give you extra treats! :bighug:bighug:dogcookie

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest ChancesMom

My poor Misty. I am so distraut ober all da pain dat you must be habbing. If I could only be dere to take care of you. I hope you are able to eat all da ice cream dat you mama gibs you.

Dis is fur you because I can not be dere but know dat I am dere in spirit.

:dogcookie:bighug:f_red:kiss2:cookie

Your furebber lub.

Just seeing this! So, if her bandages come off, will she be safe to walk around, dirt-wise? If you haven't got them on hand, Pawz are great for a really quick, simple, waterproof bootie. Maybe you could just put those on for potty walks, if necessary. I saw them here on GT, and bought a package, but haven't had to use them yet. Knock on wood! :P

Well, good. Her thyroid is where it belongs, so let the healing begin! :)

Gentle hugs to Herself!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I was going to say, watch her toes, Gee got one infected after we took the bandage off, like two weeks later!! Even our vet was shocked at that one.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I will be sure to ask the vet for an antibiotic. The back yard is pretty safe dirt wise. Mostly grass which of course will be dying soon because I can't water while she's in bandages. I just helped her up to go out and pee, she hadn't moved since 9 last night. Poor thing, she can't even hold herself up long enough to pee. I knew today would be the worst.I'll be careful when the bandages come off to keep her clean. Thanks everyone!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Just seeing this! So, if her bandages come off, will she be safe to walk around, dirt-wise? If you haven't got them on hand, Pawz are great for a really quick, simple, waterproof bootie. Maybe you could just put those on for potty walks, if necessary. I saw them here on GT, and bought a package, but haven't had to use them yet. Knock on wood! :P

Well, good. Her thyroid is where it belongs, so let the healing begin! :)

Gentle hugs to Herself!

:bighug

Thanks for the tip on the booties Xan. I won't be walking her, she can go out to the back yard whenever she wants to. And just you know, I'm not requesting the vet take the bandages off because Misty just doesn't like having them on. My vet wouldn't do that anyway. I know that the bandages are causing more pain and it would make sense. The dired blood on the gauze up against the area has to be hurting. At least that has been my experience when this all first started. She can't even hold herself up to pee.I don't want anyone to think I would be irresponsible because I'm such a whimp :lol

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Oh, dear! I'm just seeing this now. Poor Misty---she's not having much fun at all. Hope Misty and Claudia can get through these next few days, and Misty keeps improving.

Hang in there, sweet girl. Your Mom loves you! And so do we.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown