The King Of Greytalk, Now Holding Court At The Bridge

RhodyGreys

Geordie had a stroke this morning, possibly with some other underlying issues. But, he could not walk, could not focus his eyes, and was terrified. It was time to let him run at the Bridge. He was a true prince, my gentleman, a loving soul, a champion. I will miss his quiet presence, but I couldn't ask him to go on under those circumstances. He went on his own terms, front end sitting up, head propped on my arm, with a caring vet who has a greyhound of his own. The vet kept saying over and over "It's ok, brave boy." And it is, indeed, ok. It was a peaceful passing.

post-7247-1220536579.jpg

I miss you my King. Long live the King in my heart.

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry it was time, but glad you have peace in your heart and that he had a peaceful journey to the bridge. Find comfort in the joy you had with him and the love you gave him.

Aw, Meri, I'm so sorry. It's been a long, difficult summer.

:f_pink:grouphug:f_pink

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm so sorry for your loss, he is at peace now, run free sweet prince.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I'm so sorry for your loss of Geordie. He had a beautiful face. Godspeed! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:f_red I am so so sorry. Such a brave and handsome boy. I was so hoping to get to meet him on one of my trips home. He is in such great company, and runs free with the very best. Watch over your mom handsome boy, and your grandma too

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

My deepest condolences to you. :bighug He'll never be forgotten. :heart Godspeed, sweet Geordie... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.