Dee Has Gone To Join Oscar

mareyeka

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StriderDog

She could not have lived a better life under your care. Bless you for loving her and giving her the gift of having someone mourn her loss.

Guest myjazzy

My deepest condolences on your loss of Dee. She sure was a spunky girl and I will miss her stories. My heart breaks for you. Run free sweet Dee. :gh_run

:grouphug:f_red:f_white:f_red

Guest GriffinsMom

I am deeply sorry for your loss. No matter if their time with us is long or short, it is never enough. Godspeed to the Bridge to be with Oscar, dear Dee. I'll miss the stories that your mama told of your adventures.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Godspeed Dee--I know you will be causing trouble up there and making everyone smile.

I'm so sorry, how unfair that you two only had each other such a short time. I know nothing I say will heal your pain, but I'm crying along with you.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Ok, now I'm ready to write what happened.

As you know, I've been posting that Dee didn't seem right. Her pain was bothering her more and more. the cartrophen did magic things for her, but only for two weeks. Then, we saw that she was really looking miserable. She did have times when she was bright, but she spent more time with a dull look in her eyes than not.

She wasn't eating her food, although she still eat treats - nothing could get her to stop eating her treats. She even managed to get into the trash again on Monday. I tell you, I should patent and mark those M&M meatball boxes as a garbage can security feature. ;)

Yesterday, my youngest son was home all day and he said that she never moved once from her bed, except the one time he coaxed her to go outside. When I got hom, she hardly acknowledged me. She looked up, but didn't even try to move, let alone give me my welcome home happy dance. When I did get her to stand up, I couldn't get over how much hair fell off her if you just touched her. If you pinched a bit of hair, it just slid out of her skin and stayed in your hand.

We were getting her to the vet - she looked very happy when she saw the leash, but made very little effort to get into the collar or to go outside. Usually, she's jumping around so hard, I can't catch her to put the collar on her. She coudln't get in the car at all, we had to lift her. She didn't do her most favourite thing in the world, sticking her head out of the window, until she could figure out how to do it while leaning against the back of the seat.

We got to the vet, she didn't sniff around like she always does, and then she began to collapse. She died in my arms. Her heart just stopped beating.

I have her pearl necklace, the "BRAT" one on my cabinet. For Rox, I have a pretty wall hanging I made when he died. For Oscar, I have that lovely figurine that looks exactly like him, which I bought in North Carolina, now I need something to go with Dee's pearls. I'll have to find something.

It took forever for Oscar to send me a sign - it was only when I found that figurine 6 weeks after he died that I knew he was ok. I don't know what to look for for Dee or even if she will send one. I feel like she wasn't with us long enough.

Dee came to live with us on November 11, 2007 - Remembrance Day. She stayed with us for 9 months and 17 days. Not nearly long enough.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Guest VelvetEars

You gave her everything she could ever want or need. Most importantly you gave her love.

I know the hole she leaves is huge, and it's harder with the other recent holes still fresh.

You're in my thoughts and prayers and I will light a candle in her memory tonight.

Guest KRKWMU

You gave her a forever home, but I'm sorry she wasn't with you longer. Dee knew what it felt like to be loved in that last year. I'm so sorry that she's gone. :cry1

I'm sorry.

Godspeed, sweetie. Over the Bridge, the meatball box will have meatballs in it, and they'll all be for you.

OMG, this made me laugh.

Memories of the meatball box will help carry you through the dark times. Dee will be missed by everyone on this board - your Dee posts alway were the first to be opened.

Dee will send you a sign - it doesn't matter that she wasn't with you that long - it was long enough for her to know love.

:angelwings Run Free Dee :gh_run2

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. Sweet Angels...send your family a sign that you are together and running fast and forever young and healthy. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so so sorry. You are right you did not get to love her long enough but you could not have loved her more.

Run free, Dee.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project