I Got Chomped

Bevd

Yesterday, I was at an event and I met a greyhound called Dexter. He was a bit bigger than me but he looked nice so I took my parents over to meet him. He was also with his parents and we were both on our leads.

Dexter and I said hello to eachother and we both wagged our tails and I was very good and didn't do any silly giddy leaping or nuffink :colgate

And then Dexter decided that he no longer wished to make my acquaintance and he did make a hole in my neck :( I screamed (so that everyone within about 100m turned to look at me) and Dexter was told he was norty by his parents (and my Mummy). It wasn't a very large hole and it only bled a little bit (not drips of blood on the floor - just a bit of blood which Mummy got on her hand when she ran her hand under my neck) so I didn't get rushed off to see a vet as it wasn't necessary. Mummy got her special doggie medical kit out (for the very first time ever :rolleyes: ) and she was wanting to use the cotton buds because they were pink and she wanted to use the tweazers because they were cute and green and she even wanted to wrap me in a foil blanket simply because we had one to hand but ulitmately, she just wiped my wound with an antispeptic wipe :lol:rolleyes:

We didn't fall out with Dexter and his parents because dogs will just be dogs and my Mummy did give Dexter a sausage and some tickles later in the day - but of course, Dexter wasn't allowed to say hello to any other dogs again, including me.

Today I went to the vets to get some antibiotics just in case Dexters teef had any nasty things on them. Helen The Vet tried to clip my fur off but as I have been working very hard on growing it, I wasn't keen on keeping still. Plus the clippers made a funny noise and they tickled me so I wriggled. A lot.

When I got home, Poppy checked me over to make sure that I will survive. (Or maybe she just didn't want me to get her ball...)

(Please note that the wound looks worse than it is due to sticky hair/blood/scab etc)

ned180808a.jpg

ned180808b.jpg

Yours, with a hole

Ned, aged 5 and a half months

(and weighing in at 21.8kg)

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

That's no fun Ned! I hope you feel better real soon.

It's incredibly scary when they go for the neck like that. Makes me VERY nervous. Glad they were both leashed or you never know what would happen.

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

poor Ned, extra hugs for the boy.

On a side note we had an intern this summer and his name was Nate, I occasionally called him Ned cause he was a cutie, lol.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Oh poor Ned! That was so scary for you! You are always such a happy, friendly fellow - it is unfortunate that Dexter couldn't see the fun and playing with you without getting a bit "touchy". We all hope you feel tip top real soon.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Ned, I am glad you are OK. Good job on the scream, don't let sneaks get away wif stuff.

Now, I might have a possible explanation for Dexter. Here in the states there are books and a tv series about a very bad person named Dexter!!! Dexter is a serial killer who also works for the Miami PD crime lab as a criminalist with a specialty in blood spatters and patterns.

Maybe 'your' Dexter has caught the very bad character's blood mania and he wanted to see yours.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest redreed

Oh poor Ned!!! And you were such a good boy too!!

Spyder sends some sticky puppy kisses and says to try to eat some grass (for some reason he's convinced it will cure all ills)!!!!

Guest greytkidsmom

Oh dear, Ned. It sounds like your Mum was very fast on her feet and handled the situation gracefully. Glad you are okay and that Dexter is not in too much trouble.

:dogcookie

I hope you feel better, sweetheart.

(PS: Let mommy play with the supplies in the first aid box - it obviously gives her so much pleasure :wacko: hopefully she will never have to use it again.)

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Poor Ned, what a sad face and Poppy is definately concerned!

Or for sure. :grouphug Feel better soon honey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, Ned. You're a very forgiving little guy, aren't you? I'm glad to see you weren't traumatized by this unfortunate incident, and realize that Dexter is the exception to the rule. Of course, it's difficult to understand why ANYHOUND would want to put a hole in you---you're so darn cute, and one of the world's true innocents. Your Mom was on the ball, wasn't she? I think you'll be fine.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest paulamariez

Awww, poor little Ned! He didn't deserve that!! Make sure your mommy and sister Poppy take good care of you while you heal up. I will keep sweet little Ned in my prayers for a quick recovery! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Ned some healing doggie kisses too! Extra ones coming from Bueller 'cuz he got chomped on by a big, old Mastiff at the park this spring, so he knows how Ned feels!

Thank you all. I am feeling fine really. In fact, I am feeling so fine that this evening, I played with my special friend (you know the one - he's small and square and furry and brown) and I was standing on my head whilst playing (:blink: :!! :lol)

My Mummy had to phone Dexters people today, to let them know how I got on at the vets (they gave Mummy their phone number yesterday). She spoke to Dexters Daddy and Dexters Mummy and they offered to pay for my vet visit, which was nice of them. Mummy said it was OK but asked them to make a donation to Greyhound Gap instead (thats where I am from you see).

I have got a bit of a flabby neck. I look a bit silly. But you can hardly tell when I'm upside down, playing with my special friend, so thats not too bad at all.

Yours, with a hole (and flab)

Ned.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh, Ned, I think Dexter may have been jealous because you are so cute!

Glad to hear you are doing well! Here's a cookie for behaving like a gentleman. :cookie

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.