I Need Some Help Quickly Please!

oh Mel, hoping Sadi's ok :hope

It's not Sadi, it's her friend Ra (lurcher)....prayers would be appreciated, I will update when I know more.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Oh gosh :cry1 Hope Ra will be ok... sending lots of good thoughts, I'll check in for an update later...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Fingers crossed here that Ra will be okay - keep us posted. It sounds very frightening!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Okay folks, time for an update....perhaps I should start with what happened. Below is a pic of Ra (a shortened version of her real name which I can hardly pronounce, let alone spell :rolleyes: ) who belongs to my friend Gwen she is a five year old Lurcher.

DSC_1325.jpg

Yesterday morning Gwen and her pack of four set off as normal for a walk and while she was looking in the other direction Bart ran into Ra and knocked her over. at which point she let out a LSOD and was promptly attacked by her other bitch Shiv (who is slightly unhinged), Gwen then tried to separate them and got bitten badly on the forearm but managed to get them apart and found that Ra was unable to stand up and seemed to be paralysed in her hindquarters. With the help of another dog walker she managed to get a message to her DH to come and collect them and pack them all of to the vets (Shiv also had a bite on her foot). The Vet (same vets as me) did tests and x-rays and told Gwen he thought it was FCE, but by the time she got to asking me if I knew anything about it she had forgotten the name but knew it was something like "embolism" and I knew about FCE but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was called :blush which is where Burpdog stepped in (thank you again).

So this mornings update: Ra has been kept in overnight at the vets and this morning she has a little more movement in both hind legs, one is better than the other, but she is unable to stand unaided. She is heavily dosed with steroids and is being kept in for another 24hrs at least to keep her as still as possible and to monitor her obviously. Gwen is cooking her up some lovely food (steak and chicken) to take up to her because she isn't interested in anything the vets have offered her (but she's not used to eating commercial food anyway so no surprise there).

All we can do is keep everything crossed, think positive thoughts and pray at the moment.

I just wanted to add one more thing, which is that yesterday, all day, Sadi was behaving very strangely, I wondered if she was feeling unwell but could not pinpoint anything, she would not let me out of her sight and kept whining. She is an honorary member of Gwen's pack and I seriously wonder if she knew that something was wrong :unsure

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

You would be amazed how much these animals sense and feel when something is not right. I've been dumbfounded at my packs behavior with Emmy. I'll keep RA in my prayers and I hope Sadi is feeling a bit better about things today.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending prayers for Ra and hoping Sadi feels better. I agree that hounds do know when something is wrong with one of their pack.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Ra is such a pretty girl. That was a terrible experience for your friend. I hope the steroids work to reduce the inflammation and that she will be healing soon. Please extend our hopeful wishes to Gwen that her girl will be back to normal soon (and that her bites heal as well).

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest paulamariez

Sending loads of prayers from me and my pack in Wisconsin all the way to Ra! Hoping and praying for a quick and complete recovery for the sweet Ra! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending lots of healing doggie kisses as well.